Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, and you’re on the hunt for the perfect present. Why settle for just one gift when you can surprise your special someone with an entire basket full of goodies they are sure to love?
You choose the basket (just be sure to line it with tissue paper and finish it off with a decorative bow!), and leave those perfect product picks to us!
This February 14, your Valentine is sure to appreciate the following six ideas:
1. Something sweet. Chocolate is always a smart choice on Valentine’s Day. But forget that signature heart-shaped box and instead, choose a brand that tugs at the heartstrings. Not only is Endangered Species Chocolate Dark Chocolate non-GMO verified, gluten-free and made with 88 percent cocoa, it comes from “small family-owned properties, helping sustain the habitats and communities in which they exist,” and the wrapper will educate your loved one about the plight of the jaguar and leopard.
2. Something bubbly. Is your significant other a fan of champagne? Add a bottle of bubbly to the basket and uncork it together on Valentine’s Day (or evening). A bottle of wine is a romantic and thoughtful gift for those who can’t tolerate the fizzy stuff. If your Valentine doesn’t do alcohol, consider adding coffee or a sampling of herbal teas to their bounty.
3. Something fragrant. People love to smell good. It’s the reason why perfume and cologne are such popular Valentine’s Day gifts. For her, choose Tuscan Blood Orange Perfume by Pacifica, which boasts a bright, crisp scent with raspberry, strawberry and mandarin notes that won’t overpower. Plus, it’s paraben- and phthalate-free and 100 percent vegan. For him, try the subtle masculine scent of Herban Cowboy Dusk™ Cologne, also vegan and cruelty-free.
4. Something dreamy. The gift of a good night’s sleep can enhance your Valentine’s mood and wellbeing. Help your special someone catch some z’s with Earth Therapeutics Sleep Mask in neutral ivory. This plush, luxurious eye mask blocks out distracting light and “envelops the eyes in velvety darkness and comfort,” beckoning sleep at home, in the car, on a train, on a plain and in any other environment where light and visual stimuli would otherwise serve as a distraction.
5. Something soothing. Essential oils for Valentine’s Day? Yes, please! NOW Foods Solutions Love At First Scent Romantic Essential Oils Kit includes everything you need to help your loved one relax and recharge on Valentine’s Day and every day. The set includes “nature’s most romantic essences”: bergamot, cinnamon cassia, rose absolute and a “Naturally Loveable” oil blend. To further impress your Valentine, add an essential oil diffuser to the basket.
6. Something smoothing. There’s nothing like a nice clean shave to set the stage for additional pampering. Terra Mia Organics offers hand-made, restorative goat milk shaving soaps for men and women that combat common skin conditions, like acne and eczema, and promise to “change your shaving experience.” Don’t forget to throw in some razors and wash cloths for good measure!
Looking to surprise your sweetie with even sweeter gifts? Shop Vitacost for your best Valentine's Day selection!