Private Selection Tomato and Basil Sauce Basilico Description
Basilica Tomato & Basil Sauce
With Basil, Imported Olive Oil and Garlic
Made with Whole Peeled Italian Tomatoes
Private Selection® Basilico Tomato & Basil Sauce is made from an authentic recipe with premium tomatoes, basil, imported olive oil and garlic for a robust and savory flavor that is essentially Italian.
We invite you to share our passion for exceptional culinary experiences.
If we fail to meet your expectations, we will replace the product or refund your money.
Warm on stovetop and serve over steaming spaghetti for a comforting, classic Italian inspired meal.
For a rich, creamy twist on the classic, stir mascarpone cheese into the warmed sauce and use to top pasta, or a classic chicken or eggplant parmesan.
Refrigerate after opening.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/2 Cup (126 g)
Servings per Container: About 5
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||1 g||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate||12 g||4%|
| Dietary Fiber||1 g||4%|
| Sugars||8 g|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
Not a significant source of saturated fat, trans fat, and cholesterol.
Other Ingredients: Tomatoes (whole peeled tomatoes [tomatoes, tomato juice], crushed tomatoes), water, sugar, basil, salt, olive oil, garlic, spice, onion powder, parsley.
Refrigerate after opening
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Hasselback Zucchini Parmigiana
Ah, what power of presentation hasselback veggies hold. Sliced in accordion folds, roasted and served whole, they’re like works of art. This zucchini parm side dish is pretty, for sure, but there’s even more payoff. Cooking time is reduced because more surface areas are exposed to heat, and more flavor is infused as the seasonings and cheese cook into the slices. Baked in a tomato-basil sauce with rounds of bubbling mozzarella, the squash softens, but with a slight crisp to the edges. It’s destined to be a masterpiece unveiled on your table again and again.
Hasselback Zucchini Parmigiana
- 2 large zucchini
- 1/2 white onion (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 fresh mozzarella ball (sliced)
- 1 (25 oz.) jar tomato-basil marinara
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- Fresh basil
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes. Add marinara sauce and some fresh basil leaves. Mix well to combine.
- Bring sauce to boil, then reduce to simmer. Add tomatoes, 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Mix well. Cook for 3-5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Slice zucchini thinly in hasselback style, about ¼-inch apart along full length of zucchini, stopping before cutting through. (Tip: Position zucchini between two chopsticks to prevent knife from slicing completely through.) Repeat for second zucchini.
- In bowl, combine 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. Mix well.
- In baking dish, spread sauce and arrange zucchini side by side in center. Sprinkle breadcrumbs and Parmesan mixture over zucchini. Arrange mozzarella slices on top of sauce.
- Bake 20 minutes, then broil 5 minutes until cheese is golden-brown. Top with fresh basil to serve.
Get the ingredients you need to create this masterpiece!