Pure Indian Foods Grass-Fed & Organic Cultured Ghee Description
Hand Made... Since 1889
Made in USA
One of the traditional processes of making ghee involves culturing cream before churning it into butter and then clarifying into ghee, and we make this product by following this age-old and time-honored practice. It is not a source of live and active cultures. As always, our ghee is made from milk obtained only during the spring and fall w hen the cows are on the pasture eating rapidly growing fresh, green grass.
It has a high smoke point (485°F) and it won't burn like butter. Use it as a spread, or in place of oil or butter in your cooking. Perfect for sautés, stir-fries, sauces, and baking. Pack it up for traveling, camping, picnicking, and hiking - it's shelf-stable and doesn't require refrigeration.
Ghee handles heat very well, and any melting in the jar during transit is safe and fine. A layer of liquid ghee may form on top of the jar and grainy texture ghee at he bottom, causing it to have a "separated" appearance. This is perfectly normal. Simply stir before using.
We make this cultured ghee with love and care, and hope you will enjoy it.
~ The Agarwal Family
Store in a cool, dry and dark place. Use a clean and dry spoon to take ghee out of the jar. Use within 3 months after opening or refrigerate until the Best By date. As with any natural product, color and texture may vary.
GMOs, preservatives, trans fats.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Tbsp. (14 g)
Servings per Container: About 28
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Calories from Fat||120|
|Total Fat||14 g||22%|
| Saturated Fat||9 g||45%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g||0%|
Other Ingredients: Organic pasteurized cultured butter.Contains: Milk.
(made form non-homogenzied whole milk from grass-fed cows).
This product is batch-tested to contain less than 0.25% lactose, less than 2.5 ppm milk proteins (casein and whey), and less than 5.0 ppm gluten.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Orange-Cranberry Shortbread Cookie Recipe
We love the combination of orange and cranberry in muffins, bread, crumbles and even sparkling mocktails, but we especially love the duo in this shortbread cookie recipe. Tangy and sweet, these cookies have that irresistible crunchy-on-the-outside, chewy-on-the-inside texture. Gluten-free oat flour, almond flour, coconut sugar and ghee keep them wholesome, so eat up!
Gluten-Free Orange-Cranberry Shortbread Cookies
- 1 cup grass-fed ghee (at room temperature)
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. orange zest
- 2¾ cups gluten-free oat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 4-6 Tbsp. milk of choice (or juice from an orange or water)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl, use hand-held mixer to beat ghee and coconut sugar for 2 minutes on high.
- Add vanilla, salt and orange zest to bowl and beat for 1 minute.
- Add almond and oat flours. Mix on low until just combined. Batter will be thick.
- Stir in dried cranberries.
- Pour milk or juice into bowl. Using your hands, combine batter until it holds its shape. (If batter crumbles easily, add more liquid. If batter is runny and doesn’t stick together, add more flour.) Form into a large ball.
- Generously flour a flat surface and rolling pin. Roll out dough until batter is about ½ inch thick.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut cookies. Place on prepared baking sheet. (A 2-inch round cookie cutter will yield about 2 dozen cookies.)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges.
Get these ingredients and more!