Self-care gifts are ALL the rage this season. Whether you’re treating yourself or a loved one to a day of pampering, our curated selection of clean beauty, skin care, aromatherapy and more will help inspire some much-needed relaxation. Stock up and save on the essentials at Vitacost.com.
At Vitacost, we believe there are a few simple things you can do every day to create a self-care beauty practice. While getting enough sleep, moving, eating right and staying hydrated are among the many – a daily beauty routine ranks high on the list as well. We recommend making time for facial masks or basking in a tub of your favorite bath salts & soaks.
Mind, Body & Soul
There’s no better way to say “I love myself” than by nourishing your body from the inside out. Self care matters. That’s why we thoughtfully crafted an assortment of at-home spa must-haves, including aromatherapy, candles, salt lamps, soothing teas and more.
And because self care isn’t only about what we put in and on our bodies, we’ve also got great items to create the ultimate zen zone. The key to setting a serene, meditation-inducing ambiance is to diffuse essential oils, such as lavender, and light your favorite incense or cleansing sage bundles. It’s also a good idea to stock your space with a few yoga accessories to treat your body to a feel-good stretch session.
Vitacost Self-Care Challenge
Making time to nourish your well-being is especially important right now. We challenge you to start by focusing on one self-care ritual each day for a week.
- Sunday: Snooze! After a long week, you deserve a few extra moments under the covers to take a couple deep solo breaths before the day begins. If sleeping in doesn’t fit into your schedule, squeeze in a midday nap, or get into bed early to ensure the extra rest.
- Monday: Meditate. While meditation may be different from person to person, starting a meditation practice (whatever that looks like for you) can provide many emotional benefits, including gaining perspective on stressful situations, boosting self-awareness, heightening imagination and increasing patience.
- Tuesday: Take breaks. Sure, we know you’re busy. Life is full of places to be and people to see. That’s why it’s so important to incorporate mindful pauses into your schedule to take a breath and relax. Weave a couple 10-minute non-negotiable breathers into your day to restore sanity and creativity.
- Wednesday: Write! Even if you’re not a writer, you’re absolutely capable of journaling. This practice allows you to decompress and understand yourself better. Not sure what to write about? Start with a gratitude list!
- Thursday: Think. This is more or less on the opposite end of the spectrum from Monday’s practice. Take a few spontaneous moments to have an open conversation with yourself. “What makes me happy?” “What hobbies do I enjoy?” “Am I making enough time for myself?” Respond truthfully. Then, plan ways to take action whether it be in the near or far future.
- Friday: Focus. Pay attention to the present. It’s easy to focus on what you want to change in life, but attuning your focus on things you love about the life you’ve created will fill your cup for a fabulous Friday!
- Saturday: Sweat – it’s time to get moving! Try a new group fitness class, plan a family exercise session or incorporate some solo fitness into your day. Make it FUN. Working out boosts endorphins, reduces stress and an even help you sleep better!