Shiloh Farms Organic Cocoa Powder Description
- Real Food Since 1942
- Wholesome, Healthy Foods
SHILOH FARMS looks to the fullness of nature's bounty for products made with only the purest ingredients. Never fake, never artificial - only authentic, wholesome flavor, the way nature intended!
Natural roasted cocoa powder is intense & bitter, imbuing deep chocolate flavor to both sweet (brownies, cakes, cookies) & savory (mole sauce, chili) dishes.
Unlike Dutch Cocoa, natural cocoa powder is non-alkalized, making it very strong, dark & slightly acidic. When used in recipes calling for baking soda, its natural acidity creates a leavening action, giving extra lift to baked goods.
Suggestion: To ensure solubility, make a smooth paste of cocoa powder and warm water before adding other ingredients.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Tbsp. (5 g)
Servings per Container: About 90
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Calories from Fat||5|
|Total Fat||1 g||1%|
| Saturated Fat||0.5 g||2%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||3 g||1%|
| Dietary Fiber||2 g||8%|
| Sugars||0 g|
Other Ingredients: Organic ground roasted cocoa beans.
This product was packaged using equipment that also handles wheat, soy, peanuts and tree nuts.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Mocha Coconut Ice Pops
Hooked on cold brew? Normally, you enjoy the chilly caffeinated beverage in a cup or mug. Want to try it on a popsicle stick? This ice pop recipe gives your favorite drink a fun twist. Plus, it’s loaded with good-for-you ingredients and superfoods, like chia seeds, maca, coconut and cacao. Admittedly, this frozen treat might be better for you than your daily cup of joe. Give it a whirl--literally!
2-1/4 cups almond milk
1 oz. cold-brewed coffee
3 Tbsp. ground black chia seeds
1 Tbsp. maca powder
4 Tbsp. coconut sugar
1 tsp. vanilla bean powder
1 tsp. cacao powder
- In high-speed blender, combine almond milk, coffee, chia seeds, maca, coconut sugar and vanilla and process until thoroughly combined.
- Pour mixture into ice pop mold so they’re about 3/4 of the way filled. You should still have mixture remaining.
- Sprinkle a layer of shredded coconut about half inch thick onto each.
- In blender, combine remaining base mixture with cacao powder and pour over shredded coconut, filling to top of ice pop mold. (If necessary to fill to top, add more almond milk.)
- Freeze for at least 4-6 hours, but overnight is best.
- Serve frozen, sprinkled with additional coconut.