Simple Mills: Foods for a Better Life | Vitacost.com
Simple Mills Almond Flour Cupcake & Cake Baking Mix Gluten Free Vanilla Description
Simple Mills enriches lives and bodies through simple, delicious, real food. We strive to make healthful choices easy by offering food that tastes great in the moment and nourishes your body for the long-term. We believe in clean, nutritious food for a better life - it's that simple.
Katlin A. Smith
Things You'll Need:
3 eggs + 1/3 Cup Oil (Grapeseed or Vegetable) + 1/3 Cup Water + 1 Tbsp Vanilla
Makes one 8" round cake
HEAT oven to 350°F. Grease 8-inch round cake pan well. Dust with 1-1/2 tsp of the mix; set aside
WHISK eggs, oil, water and vanilla in a large bowl. Add remaining mix; whisk until well blended
POUR batter into prepared pan
BAKE 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen cake from sides of pan. Invert on wire rack; tap sharply on bottom of cake pan to release cake. Gently remove pan; cool completely before frosting
Makes 12 cupcakes
HEAT Oven to 350°F
WHISK eggs, oil, water and vanilla in a large bowl. Add baking mix; whisk until well blended
SPOON batter into 12 lightly greased or paper-lined muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full
BAKE 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. If using paper liners, let cool completely before eating to prevent cupcakes from sticking to the paper; cool completely before frosting.
Save For Another Day!
Our mixes don't contain any preservatives, so once made, store your treats in the fridge or freezer
Mix It Up
Craving coconut cake? Replace the grapeseed or vegetable oil with coconut oil
GMOs, gum, corn, dairy, gluten, grain, preservatives, soy, wheat.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Piece of Cake (27 g)
Servings per Container: 12
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|Total Fat||5 g||8%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||17 g||6%|
| Dietary Fiber||1 g||4%|
| Sugars||8 g|
Other Ingredients: Almond flour, organic coconut sugar, arrowroot, organic coconut flour, baking soda, sea salt.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Cherry Cheesecake Mini Bites (Gluten-Free)
These mini cheesecakes have an easy-to-make gluten-free crust so more folks can indulge. The sweet filling incorporates cream cheese, egg, honey and vanilla for a dreamy, creamy cheesecake. Top them with a dark sweet cherry for the perfect little dessert bite.
Cherry Cheesecake Mini Bites (Gluten-Free)
- 1 pkg. Simple Mills Gluten-Free Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup melted ghee (coconut or grape seed oil)
- ¼ cup milk (or non-dairy alternative)
- 1 egg (separated, room temperature)
- 2 tsp. grass-fed gelatin
- 1/8 cup raw honey
- 2 tsp. gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) organic cream cheese (softened)
- Pinch sea salt
- Dark sweet cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl, mix baking mix with melted ghee or oil until soft dough forms.
- Into mini muffin pan lined with paper cups, drop 1 tsp. dough and press dough down and up sides.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and use back of spoon or scoop to press dough down if it has risen in middle. Let crusts cool before filling.
- In saucepan over medium heat, whisk together milk and egg yolk. Continue whisking mixture over heat while sprinkling in gelatin. Dissolve fully.
- In separate bowl, beat cream cheese, honey and vanilla with hand mixer until smooth.
- Slowly pour egg and milk mixture into cream cheese and beat until smooth. Refrigerate about 10 minutes.
- In small bowl, beat egg whites with salt until stiff; fold into cream cheese mixture and spoon into individual crusts.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Prior to serving, top each bite with cherry.
Tips: This recipe can be made in 9-inch pie pan by adjusting baking time for crust to 15 minutes and chilling cheesecake for at least 3 hours before serving.
Sweet on this idea? Order the ingredients you’ll need from Vitacost.