Spectrum Naturals Sesame Oil Description
Make your stir-fry come alive.
Where better to take advantage of the myriad health benefits of oils than in your kitchen? We bring the same ardent commitment to careful sourcing and natural processing to all our culinary oils, whether all-purpose cooking oils like Canola and Safflower, or artisan-crafted specialty oils like Toasted Hazelnut and Pumpkin Seed. Just taste and see.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Tbsp.
Servings per Container: About 32
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Calories from Fat||120||*|
|Total Fat||14 g||22%|
| Saturated Fat||2 g||10%|
| Trans Fat||0 g||*|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||6 g||*|
|Monounsaturated Fat ||6 g||*|
|Total Carbohydrates||0 g||0%|
| Fiber||0 g||0%|
| Sugars||0 g||*|
*Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients: 100% expeller pressed naturally refined sesame oil.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Vegan Vegetable Tempura
Some dishes can feel exclusively available in restaurants, but vegetable tempura isn’t one of them! Get fresh, flaky vegetable tempura (and the pride of a new culinary skill
!) straight from your kitchen. The key to a perfect batch of homemade tempura is ice-cold water, sifted flour and piping-hot oil. This recipe also offers approximate cook times for each vegetable – helpful tips for first-time fryers. Feeling extra confident with your new skill? Try using the batter with other foods, like meat or seafood substitutes. Whatever you decide to fry, this dipping sauce makes the perfect accompaniment. Fry a batch to treat yourself and your family.
Vegan Vegetable Tempura
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. untoasted sesame oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (plus more for dusting)
- 1 cup water (cold)
- 8 asparagus
- 1 small sweet potato (thinly sliced)
- 1 large carrot (halved & thinly sliced)
- 5 shishito peppers
- 4 bok choy stems (halved)
- 3/4 cup kombu dashi (dried kelp broth) (or vegetable broth)
- 3 Tbsp. tamari sauce
- 2 Tbsp. mirin
- 1 tsp. light agave
- In pot or saucepan, preheat oil to 330 degrees F. Prepare baking sheet with paper towels and cooling rack.
- For tempura batter, sift 1 cup flour into bowl. Pour in water, and stir for 20 seconds. (Note: Flour lumps are OK. Don’t over mix.)
- Dust vegetables with remaining flour and dip into tempura batter. Let excess batter drip off vegetables, then place into oil, leaving sufficient space to fry.
- Fry until lightly crispy, turning regularly to ensure even cooking.
- Cook sweet potatoes 3 minutes, bok choy 1 minute, carrots 3 minutes, asparagus 2 minutes, kabocha squash 3 minutes, shiitake mushrooms 1 minute, eggplant 1 minute, shishito peppers 40 seconds and shiso leaves 40 seconds.
- For sauce, stir together broth with sauce ingredients.