Spectrum Organic Canola Oil Description
- Expeller Pressed
Refined High Heat Up To 450°F
- Non-GMO Project Verified
For All Purpose Cooking With a Neutral Taste
A Non Hydrogenated Fat Food
Spectrum® Organic Canola Oil is the perfect cooking companion for the delicious masterpieces you are creating in your kitchen. Whether you're making sizzling kung pao, spicy enchiladas or a rouille to finish your seafood stew, it's the right oil to choose. It's neutral flavor, and high heat tolerance complements any culinary creation.
This oil has a high 'smoke point' making it ideal for sautéing at high heat or, because of its neutral flavor, for baking. High Heat up to 450F. Use 10-12 weeks after opening, or refrigerate.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Tbsp. (14 g)
Servings per Container: 64
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Fat Calories||120|
|Total Fat||14 g||18%|
| Saturated Fat||1 g||4%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
| Polyunsaturated Fat||4 g|
| Monounsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g||0%|
Other Ingredients: 100% mechanically (expeller) pressed refined organic canola oil.
Contains 1200mg Omega-3 ALA per serving which is 75% of the Daily Value for ALA (1.6g).
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Indian Honey-Coconut Cake
Most South Indian bakeries offer squares of distinctly spiced honey cake, usually topped with a honey glaze, spread with jam and sprinkled with coconut flakes. Make your own at home with this honey cake recipe. Start with a batter including orange juice and orange zest for tang, cardamom for spice, sweetened condensed milk for richness and optional rose water for a floral flair. Pierce the cooled cake with a toothpick all over, and drench with a clover honey syrup. Slather preserves of your choice on top and finish it off with a sprinkling of shredded coconut. Pull out the measuring tape to slice precise squares, or dig in any way you choose!
Indian Honey-Coconut Cake
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup (118 mL) orange juice
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1/2 cup (118 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp. (6 g.) vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/8 tsp. rose water
- 1-1/2 cups (204 g.) unbleached white all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1-1/2 tsp. (6 g.) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
Simple Honey Syrup
- 1/2 cup (170 g.) clover honey
- 1/4 cup (59 mL) water
- 1/4 cup (48 g.) sugar
- 2 Tbsp. (15 g.) shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup (154 g.) preserves of choice, warmed
- With oven rack in center of oven, preheat to 350 degrees F. Grease and line square 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Into medium bowl, sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cardamom.
- In separate bowl, whisk together orange juice, orange zest, sweetened condensed milk, vegetable oil, and optional rose water until combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, whisking as you go.
- Pour batter into lined baking pan and remove air pockets by tapping on the counter.
- Bake for 35–40 minutes, or until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cake cool 10 minutes before running a knife along the edges and releasing the cake.
Honey Syrup and Topping
- In small saucepan on medium-high heat, stir water and sugar with spatula until sugar crystals dissolve. Bring to a simmer and cook 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir in honey. Set aside.
- With toothpick or skewer, prick top of cooled cake all over.
- Slowly pour honey syrup over the cake, using a spoon to spread the syrup as you pour.
- Using a spoon, spread preserves over cake and sprinkle with coconut.
- Using a serrated knife, trim outer ¼-inch of cake. Slice cake into eight 2 x 3.5-inch rectangles and serve.
Grab these ingredients and more at Vitacost.com.