Spectrum Organic Extra Virgin Mediterranean Olive Oil Description
From their family's groves in the sun-drenched Mediterranean hills, our second-generation growers hand-harvest organic olives and press them fresh for a clean, mild oil suited to many uses. Splash it in a sauté of summer vegetables sprinkled with fresh herbs, a braise of wild greens with a dash of lemon, or in a classic panzanella.
Extra virgin olive oil is at the heart of the Mediterranean diet, its pungent notes a sign of naturally occurring polyphenol antioxidants within. We select only the highest quality oils from long-standing artisan growers and visit the olive groves annually to confirm the oil's freshness, aroma and superb flavor.
Does not require refrigeration if used within 10-12 weeks after opening. Packed with inert gas for freshness.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Tbsp. (15 mL)
Servings per Container: About 67
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||14 g||18%|
| Saturated Fat||2.5 g||13%|
| Trans Fat||0 g||*|
| Polyunsaturated Fat||2.5 g||*|
| Monounsaturated Fat ||9 g||*|
|Total Carbohydrates||0 g||0%|
*Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients: Organic extra virgin olive oil.
Oil may appear cloudy or solid but will clear upon warming.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
View printable version
Vegan Cheezy Sheet Pan Quesadillas
The concept of stuffed tortillas has been around since the days of the Aztec people. While theirs were filled with squash and pumpkin and baked in a clay oven, this recipe creates a vegan, bean-based “cheese” filling and employs the oh-so-handy sheet pan. White beans, pureed with olive oil, garlic and lemon juice lead to a perfectly creamy faux queso filling. Nutritional yeast adds the cheesy flavor we’ve become accustomed to in today’s quesadillas. Baked with jalapeño and scallions, topped with avocado and a squeeze of lime, this spicy, vegan meal is fit for the gods.
Vegan Cheezy Sheet Pan Quesadillas
White Bean Queso
- 1 15.5 oz. can white beans ((great northern or cannellini), drained and rinsed)
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. ground turmeric
- 8 8-in. flour tortillas
- ½ cup jarred pickled jalapeños (drained and roughly chopped)
- 3 large scallions (thinly sliced (white and light green parts only; thinly slice dark green stalks and reserve for garnish))
- Olive oil cooking spray
Garnishes: diced avocado, scallion, salsa, lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly spray baking sheet with olive oil spray. Arrange four tortillas on baking sheet; slight overlap is OK.
- In food processor fitted with S blade, add beans, garlic, olive oil, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt, paprika, chili powder and turmeric. Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as necessary.
- Spread queso mixture evenly over tortillas. Top each with jalapeños and scallions. Lay another tortilla over each. Spray lightly with olive oil spray and place another sheet pan on top to help crisp quesadillas. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove top baking sheet and bake additional 2-3 minutes, or until tops are golden and edges are crisp.
- Cut quesadillas into fours and top with avocado and scallion. Serve with lime wedges and salsa, if desired.
Add the ingredients you need to your cart.