The Ginger People Organic Minced Ginger Description
Use in place of fresh ginger
Great in marinades, salad dressings, sauces, jams, chutneys
Brighten up grains and rice, stir fry, curries, tomato-based sauces, fish, veggies
Concoct jazzy ginger cocktails
No artificial ingredients
Those genie-us Ginger People have granted your wish for quick and easy ready-to-use ginger, so you can whip up culinary delights like magic! Add Minced ginger to marinades, salad dressings and sauces. Flavor up steamed rice. Create a ginger stir fry, season grilled scallops, Napa slaw or shrimp cocktail.
- USDA Organic
- Made in Fiji
Ideas: Use Minced Ginger in place of fresh ginger. Add to marinades, salad dressings and sauces. Flavor up steamed rice. Create a ginger stir fry, season grilled scallops, coleslaw or shrimp cocktail.
Refrigerate after opening.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Tsp. (5 g)
Servings per Container: 38
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate Less than||1 g||0%|
| Total Sugars||0 g|
| Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
Other Ingredients: Organic ginger, organic rice vinegar, organic cane sugar, citric acid.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Oven-Baked Tandoori Chicken
This moist tandoori chicken makes an enticingly spiced main dish. And you don’t need a clay tandoor oven to make it! Just broil for the last five minutes to darken up the yogurt-based marinade coating for an open-flame crispness. Serve it with rice or naan
and veggie of choice (try this chana dal with tomatoes and zucchini
). It’s also great atop salads or used in tacos – you’ll love how versatile it is.
Oven-Baked Tandoori Chicken
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp. oil (for basting)
- Lime wedges (for serving)
- Finely chopped cilantro (for serving)
- 1/2 cup thick yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp. ginger paste
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. Kashmiri chili powder
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. coriander powder
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 2 Tbsp. oil
Optional: 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together all marinade ingredients.
- Add chicken to marinade and coat evenly. Marinate 30 minutes at room temperature or up to 8-12 hours in refrigerator.
- Line baking pan with aluminum foil and arrange chicken evenly. (Note: Reserve marinade and add tablespoon of oil, mix well and set it aside for basting later.)
- Bake about 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Baste chicken with remaining marinade.
- Broil on high for 5 minutes to crisp outside.
- Remove from oven and cover with foil for 5 minutes to retain heat.
- Serve with cilantro and lime wedges.
• For best results, use thick yogurt. To make thick yogurt, drain whey by adding yogurt to strainer or muslin cloth. This process takes 10-15 minutes. Alternatively, use Greek yogurt.
• If you don't have Kashmiri chili powder, substitute it with 1-1/2 tsp. of chili powder (medium-hot).
• Use smoked paprika to give it a fresh-out-of-tandoor taste.
Get the ingredients you need from Vitacost!