Theo Organic 70% Dark Chocolate Bar Unflavored Description
- USDA Organic
- Fair Trade - Fair for Life
- 70% Dark Chocolate
** Heat-sensitive item: If items are being shipped to your home, we strongly recommend using Overnight Shipping to your daytime location to ensure quality. Shipping to certain locations during hot weather is not recommended.**
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/2 Bar (42 g)
Servings per Container: 2
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Fat Calories||150|
| Saturated Fat||10 g||48%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||20 g||7%|
| Fiber||4 g||16%|
| Sugars||13 g|
Other Ingredients: Cocoa beans*+, sugar*+, cocoa butter*+, ground vanilla bean*+. *Organic +Fair Trade
Allergey Information: Manfactured on shared equpment with products containing milk, eggs, wheat, peanuts & tree nuts.
Manufactured on shared equipment with products containing milk, eggs, wheat, peanuts & tree nuts.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Vegan Bean Brownie Tart
Don’t judge this tart before you try it! Deceptively decadent, its chocolatey interior is framed by a nutty, crumbly gluten-free crust. Cocoa powder, dark chocolate and white beans (the secret ingredient here) provide a fudgy brownie taste and texture along with a dose of antioxidants and protein. This divine dessert is a crowd-pleaser for both vegans and non-vegans alike and the gorgeous presentation makes it perfect for the holidays.
Vegan Bean Brownie Tart
- ½ cup gluten-free oat flour
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 3 Tbsp. corn starch
- Pinch salt
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. refined coconut oil (melted, or vegetable oil)
- ¼ cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 5 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp. aluminum-free baking powder
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 cup great northern beans (drained, or white beans of choice)
- 3 oz. 70% dark chocolate bar (melted)
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (+ 2 Tbsp.)
- 1-½ Tbsp. flaxseed meal (+ 3 Tbsp. water)
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium-sized bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients for crust. Add oil and maple syrup and mix well.
- Into 5x14-inch rectangular tart pan with removable bottom, press mixture onto sides and bottom. (Note: It is easier to do sides first, then bottom. Crust will thicken when baked, so do not make too thick.) Poke holes in bottom of crust.
- Bake14-15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Allow to cool completely.
- For brownie filling, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, stir together flax meal and water. Let stand about 5 minutes to thicken.
- To bowl, add beans and use fork to mash. Whisk in remaining wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Into crust, pour brownie batter and smooth evenly. Arrange pecans on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow tart to cool completely before serving.
Sweet on this recipe? Then make it! Order the ingredients at Vitacost.com (for less!) and we'll deliver them to your door.