Theraflu Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Relief Honey Lemon Tea Description
Acetaminophen- Pain Reliever/ Fever Reducer
Dextromethorphan HBr- Couch Suppressant
Phenylephrine HCI-Nasal Decongestant
Sore Throat Pain
Infused with Chamomile & White Tea Flavors
Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough
Theraflu® provides powerful relief from your severe cold and flu symptoms.
May temporarily relieve these symptoms due to cold:
minor aches and pains
minor sore throat pain
nasal and sinus congestion
itchy watery eyes due to hay fever
cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
temporarily reduces fever
Do not use more than directed
Take every 4 hours while symptoms persist. Do not take more than 5 packets in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor.
Adults and children 12 years and over.....................one packet
Children under 12 years of age................................do not use
Dissolve contents of one packet into 8 oz. hot water; sip while hot. Consume entire drink within 10-15 minutes.
If using a microwave, add contents of one packet to 8oz. of cool water; stir briskly before and after heating. Do not overheat.
Store at controlled room temperature 20°-25°C (68°-77°F). protect product from heat and moisture.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Acetaminophen Pain reliever/ fever reducer||650 mg|
|Diphenhydramine HCl Antihistamine/ cough suppressant||25 mg|
|Phenylephrine HCl Nasal decongestant||10 mg|
each packet contains: potassium 10mg, sodium 20 mg, phenylketonurics: contains phenylalanine 14mg per packet.
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
• More than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
• With other drugs containing acetaminophen
• 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
• In a child under 12 years of age
• If you are allergic to acetaminophen
• With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist
• If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
High blood pressure
Trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
Cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
• Taking the blood thinning drug warfarin • taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product
Do not exceed recommended dosage • avoid alcoholic drinks • marked drowsiness may occur • alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness • be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery • excitability may occur, especially in children.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
• Nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
• Fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
• Redness or swelling is present
• New symptoms occur
• Pain, cough or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
• Cough comes back or occurs with fever, rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health care professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.