Thorne Research Basic Prenatal Description
A Gentle and Effective Daily Multi for Women Who are Trying to Conceive, Are Pregnant or are Nursing
A well-researched multi - formulated to nourish mom and support baby's development, from pre-conception through nursing. It's made without the additives and coatings found in mainstream prenatal supplements.
Pre-conception, pregnancy, and nursing are critical times to optimize a mother's health and nutrition, which is important for both for mom and baby. Overall nutritional and caloric needs greatly increase during this time. However, it is often difficult for a woman to fulfill her daily nutrient needs through diet alone.
Thorne’s Basic Prenatal is specifically formulated with the special needs of conception, pregnancy, and breastfeeding in mind. Our formula contains well-absorbed, tissue-ready vitamins and minerals that are gentle on the stomach and non-constipating.
Benefits of Thorne's Basic Prenatal at each stage:
• Daily multi-vitamin/mineral support for a woman of childbearing age.
• Provides beneficial nutrients that are important from the moment of conception.
• Folate facilitates healthy brain and spinal cord development. Basic Prenatal includes the bioactive form of folate – 5-MTHF.
• Vitamins C, B6, and K have been shown to benefit “morning sickness."
• Choline supports development of baby’s brain and nervous system.
• Contains the well-absorbed and well-researched iron bisglycinate to meet a pregnant woman’s increased need for iron.
• Provides the extra nutrients needed for continued healthy fetal development and to prepare mom and baby for birth.
After Pregnancy through Nursing
• Nutritional support for increased demand for calcium and vitamin D in the diet.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin A (450 mcg from Beta Carotene and 600 mcg as Palmitate)||1.05 mg||81%|
|Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)||150 mg||125%|
|Vitamin D (as Vitamin D3) (1,000 IU)||25 mcg||167%|
|Vitamin E (as d-Alpha Tocopheryl)||33.5 mg||176%|
|Vitamin K (as Vitamin K1)||100 mcg||111%|
|Thiamine (as Thiamine HCl)||5 mg||357%|
|Riboflavin (as Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium)||5 mg||313%|
|Niacin (as Niacinamide)||30 mg||167%|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate)||12 mg||600%|
|Folate (1 mg as L-Methyltetrahydrofolate from L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt)||1.7 mcg DFE||283%|
|Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin)||200 mcg||7,142%|
|Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate)||18 mg||257%|
|Calcium (90 mg as Calcium Citrate and 90 mg as Calcium Malate)||180 mg||14%|
|Iron (as Ferrochel® Ferrous Bisglycinate Chelate)||45 mg||167%|
|Iodine (as Potassium Iodide)||150 mcg||52%|
|Magnesium (45 mg as Magnesium Citrate and 45 mg as Magnesium Malate)||90 mg||23%|
|Zinc (as TRASCS® Copper Bisglycinate Chelate)||25 mg||192%|
|Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine)||50 mcg||71%|
|Copper (as TRAACS® Copper Bisglycinate Chelate)||2 mg||154%|
|Manganese (as TRAACS® Manganese Bisglycinate Chelate)||5 mg||192%|
|Chromium (as TRAACS® Manganese Bisglycinate Chelate)||100 mcg||222%|
|Boron (as Bororganic™ Boron Glycinate Complex)||1 mg||*|
If pregnant, consult your health-care practitioner before using this product.