Vicks Vapor Rub Cough SuppressantTopical Analgesic Ointment Description
- Cough Suppressant
- Topical Analgesic Ointment
- For Relief From:
Vicks VapoRub medicated vapors begin to work fast to aid your cough. Use on chest and throat; temporarily aid cough due to common cold. Also great for use as a topical analgesic to aid minor aches and pains in your muscles and joints.
Adults and children 2 years and over
- rub a thick layer on chest & throat or rub on sore aching muscles
- cover with a warm, dry cloth if desired
- keep clothing loose about throat/chest to help vapors reach the nose/mouth
- repeat up to three times per 24 hours or as directed by doctor
Children under 2 years of age ask a doctor.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
For external use only, avoid contact with eyes.
Do not use
- by mouth
- with tight bandages
- in nostrils
- on wounds or damaged skin
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
When using this product
- do not heat
- add to hot water or any container where heating water. May cause splattering and result in burns
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- muscle aches and pains persist more than 7 days or come back.
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. Keep out of reach of children. If accidental ingestion, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.