Vitacost Certified Organic Pinto Beans - Non-GMO and Gluten Free Description
Perfect as a creamy filling for burritos or as a source of protein in vegetarian chili, these organic pinto beans are a pantry must-have.
Non-BPA can lining
Organic & non-GMO
Gluten free & Vegan
7 grams of protein + 5 grams of dietary fiber per ½ cup
No additives, preservatives, fat or cholesterol
Use in burritos, chili, bean salads and more
“Pinto” means “painted” in Spanish – this bean gets its name from the colorful markings that fade into a pleasant pink hue as it cooks. Commonly used to make a refried bean filling used in burritos and other Mexican dishes, pinto beans are also revered in Brazilian cuisine.
Beans are packed with plant-powered nutrition – just one ½ cup serving of these pinto beans provides 5 grams of filling fiber and 7 grams of satisfying protein; it’s no surprise that these legumes are beloved by vegetarians, dieters and foodies alike.
There are plenty of ways to enjoy pinto beans:
Make a refried bean filling for burritos
Add to your favorite chili or stew recipe
Combine with other beans in a salad
Vitacost nutritional products are manufactured to high standards of quality, efficacy and safety. Each Vitacost product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 111) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Microwave - Empty contents into microwave-safe dish. Cover dish and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes. Let stand for 1 minute. Stir and serve.
Stove Top - Empty contents into saucepan and heat on medium high to a simmer. Remove from heat, stir and serve. Refrigerate any unused portion in a separate container.
Gluten, GMOs, BPA lining, fat, cholesterol, additives, preservatives.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/2 Cup (130 g)
Servings per Container: About 3.5
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||21 g||8%|
| Dietary Fiber||5 g||18%|
| Total Sugars||1 g|
| Includes 0 g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Other Ingredients: Prepared organic pinto beans, water, sea salt.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Burgers
Subtly sweet and savory, these sweet potato patties may be the perfect simple veggie burger. The recipe is easy to throw together with pinto beans, a bit of flour, a pinch of flax and a few dried spices. Just give them about an hour in the fridge to “set” so they stay together better. The use of the air fryer makes the burgers cook so fast that you may feel like you’re cheating somehow. Serve them on a bun or open-faced, either way, they’re hearty, healthy and seriously satisfying.
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Burgers
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups pinto beans (drain liquid if using canned)
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed (plus 2 Tbsp. water)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- Bake sweet potatoes at 400 degrees F for 1 hour. Cool completely prior to peeling.
- In small bowl, stir together ground flax and water. Let thicken 5 minutes to form flax egg.
- In medium bowl, mash together peeled sweet potatoes, beans, flour, flax egg and spices.
- Scoop up ½ cup sweet potato mixture and form into patty. Repeat to form 6 patties total.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight. (Note: Cold patties stay together better for cooking.)
- Line air fryer basket with parchment paper. Set to air fry setting at 400 degrees F. Lay out patties in single layer (may have to cook in batches). Cook 5 minutes, flip and cook another 5 minutes.
- Alternately, preheat air fryer to 375 degrees F on griddle setting. Spray one side of burgers with cooking oil and place oiled side down in air fryer. Cook 5 minutes, flip and cook another 5 minutes.
Get the ingredients you need to make these burgers!