Vitacost Ginkgo Biloba Extract Description
Natural support for memory and concentration.*
What is Ginkgo Biloba?
Ginkgo biloba is the oldest known living species of tree, and the extract of its leaves has been used for centuries in traditional medicine. Ginkgo biloba extract contains two groups of active constituents, flavonoids and terpenoids. Flavonoids and terpenoids are antioxidants.
What are the key benefits of Vitacost® Ginkgo Biloba Extract?
Supports healthy brain function and performance.*
Promotes memory and cognition.*
Supports positive mood.*
Supports healthy circulation in the lower legs.*
Enhances circulation to the brain and supports memory.*
Vitacost® Ginkgo Biloba Extract is a targeted wellness solution - just for you.
Each 1-capsule serving contains 120 mg of concentrated extract, standardized to 24% ginkgo flavone gylcosides and 6% terpene lactones.
Standardization ensures consistent levels of active ingredients in every dose.
Contains 300 servings per bottle.
Great value compared to other brands!
Potency • Purity • Pride
All Vitacost® supplements are formulated to deliver the level of support you expect and deserve. Whether you’re shopping Vitacost® vitamins, minerals, herbs or other key nutrients, their potency is guaranteed – what’s on the label is what’s in the bottle. Plus, all Vitacost® supplements adhere to the FDA’s Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMPs), ensuring that they are manufactured to high standards of POTENCY, PURITY, efficacy and safety. We take PRIDE in what we do, which is why we promise if you don’t love your product, we’ll take it back – even if the bottle is empty.
About Vitacost® Brand
The search is over. Vitacost® Brand supplements are focused on helping you create a strong foundation with simple, transparent formulas that support – and easily fit into – your daily life. Whether it’s Everyday Essentials you’re looking for or Targeted Wellness support, Vitacost® Brand supplements offer the high-quality solution you need at the value price you deserve. We continuously look for ways to improve technology, processes and ingredients, so you feel confident about what you’re putting in your body or giving to your family. And it’s all right here, at Vitacost.com®.
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule daily with food, or as directed by a healthcare professional.
Keep dry and at room temperature (59°- 86°F [15°- 30°C]).
Milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, crustacean shellfish, fish, soy, gluten, titanium dioxide.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings per Container: 300
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Ginkgo Biloba Extract (leaves) standardized to 24% (28.8 mg) flavon glycosides and 6% (7.2 mg) terpene lactone||120 mg||*|
*Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, dicalcium phosphate, vegetable magnesium stearate and maltodextrin.
Pregnant or lactating women, those with diabetes, hypoglycemics, those planning a surgery, and people with known medical conditions (including blood coagulation disorder) and/or taking drugs (including prescription medications such as antidepressant SSRIs, MAO inhibitors, or anticoagulant drugs such as Warfarin or heparin) should consult with a licensed physician and/or pharmacist prior to taking this product. Keep out of reach of children.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
6 Herbs for Brain & Mood Health
Whether you’re conscious of it or not, you probably run through a mental checklist every morning. After all, you wouldn’t want to forget anything important (like your beloved cell phone, perhaps). You’d be left frantic and frazzled if you did have a momentary memory lapse, which is precisely why keeping your brain moving as swiftly as your weekday schedule is so important. Lucky for you (and your precious iPhone), herbs have a leg up in cognitive health.
Long known to support physical fitness, certain herbs can also help brain function and emotional well-being. Throughout history, there have been a number of herbal remedies for mental acuity, but these are the nine most highly regarded:
- Ginkgo biloba – By promoting healthy circulation and offering antioxidant protection, this herb is known for supporting memory and overall brain function. Ginkgo is one of the most common herbs prescribed by European health practitioners.†
- Spearmint (Mentha spicata) – This gentle, aromatic stimulant promotes healthy energy levels. You’ll most often find spearmint in the form of tea leaves, which makes for an invigorating morning brew.†
- Siberian ginseng (Eleutherococcus senticosus) – Siberian ginseng is classified as an adaptogen, because of its ability to adapt based on the body’s calls for coping. Mostly found in Asia and Russia, this slow-growing shrub’s roots are often ground into powder for easy supplementation in capsules or as tea.†
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) – The smell of this herb is said to help promote a sense of calm. Ancient Greeks wore laurels of rosemary in their hair when taking examinations to improve their memory. It may come as a surprise, but this herb is rich in calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron and potassium – all of which play a role in healthy brain function.†
- Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) – Yes, licorice is an herb – a sweet and energizing one at that! A potent deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL) supplement will naturally provide antioxidant power from flavonoid and isoflavonoids. Still to this day, it’s one of the most widely used herbs in Eastern alternative medicine.†
- Prickly Ash (Xanthoxylum americanum) – The bark of the Prickly Ash tree harnesses the health benefits. North American tribes used the herb to stimulate saliva and soothe upset stomachs, as well as to help stimulate the body. The subsequent stimulation can promote blood flow for a rejuvenating effect.†
In addition to these herbal supplements, add crossword puzzles, math problems and reading for pleasure to your to-do list. These are all great exercises to create a healthy mind and feeling of accomplishment.