Vitacost Multi-Blend Flour - Gluten Free and Non-GMO Description
Made with a blend of gluten-free flours and starches, this blend has everything you need to bake up the perfect cookies, cakes, pie crusts & more!
A blend of gluten-free flours and starches
Excellent substitute for traditional flour in all your favorite baked goods
Vegan, gluten free & non-GMO
No additives, fillers or preservatives
No gluten? No problem! Made from a combination of high-quality, superfine flours, this convenient gluten-free blend makes an excellent substitute for wheat flour in cookies, quick bread, cake, pie crust and more.
Vitacost nutritional products are manufactured to high standards of quality, efficacy and safety. Each Vitacost product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 111) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
This convenient gluten-free blend makes an excellent substitute for wheat flour in cookies, quick bread, cake, pie crust and more. For best results, substitute 3/4 cup Vitacost® Gluten-Free Multi-Blend Flour for 1 cup all-purpose wheat flour.
Gluten Free Belgian Waffles
1 3/4 cups Vitacost™ Gluten-Free Multi-Blend Flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, separated
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup salted butter, melted
In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, bakin powder and salt. Whisk in egg yolks and milk, mixing until smooth. Add the melted butter and mix until just combined.
In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter.
Cook according to your waffle iron instructions.
Keep dry and at room temperature (59°-86°F [15°-30°C]).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/4 Cup (40 g)
Servings per Container: 22
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||32 g||11%|
| Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%|
| Total Sugars||0 g|
| Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
*The % Dailoy Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Other Ingredients: White rice flour, brown rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour.
May Contain: Soy, Milk.
Do Not Consume Raw Flour.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Baked Churros (Gluten-Free & Vegan)
Feed your soul with churros, the Mexican street food synonymous with comfort. These long, sweet sticks of dough are typically fried, sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar, then drizzled with chocolate or caramel sauce. Here is a baked churro recipe that also happens to be vegan and gluten-free, but they still deliver a satisfying crunch. If it’s an inside kind of day, make hot chocolate with a side of baked churros for the ultimate comfort-food experience.
Baked Churros (Gluten-Free & Vegan)
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1/3 cup organic brown sugar (or muscovado sugar)
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil (melted)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened oat milk (or plant-based milk of choice)
- 2 tsp. baking powder (gluten-free)
- 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- 3 Tbsp. organic sugar (or organic coconut sugar)
- 1-1/2 tsp. organic cinnamon (ground)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (mini)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare tray with greased parchment paper.
- In small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- In large bowl, mix coconut oil, vanilla and sugar.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add milk in small amounts and mix until batter is soft but firm enough to pipe.
- Transfer batter into piping bag with ¼-inch closed star tip.
- Pipe batter into 3-½ inch lengths onto baking tray.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar over hot churros.
- To make chocolate sauce, heat chocolate chips in microwave-safe container for 30-second increments. Stir and continue until chocolate is melted.
- The ¼-inch star pastry tip gives churros their signature grooved surface, yielding churros about ¾-inch in diameter.
- Grab these ingredients and more at Vitacost.com.