Vitacost Synergy Liquid Norwegian Cod Liver Oil Omega-3 EPA + DHA Lemon Description
An excellent lemon-flavored liquid supplement with omega-3 EPA and DHA, derived from cold-water cod from Norway.
What is Liquid Norwegian Cod Liver Oil Omega-3 EPA + DHA?
Liquid Norwegian Cod Liver Oil is a lemon-flavored liquid omega-3 supplement derived from codfish, which are plentiful in Norway’s Atlantic waters. Cod liver oil is derived from the livers of codfish that are rich in vitamins A and D, as well as the omega-3 essential fatty acids eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).
What are the key benefits of Vitacost® Synergy® Liquid Norwegian Cod Liver Oil Omega-3 EPA + DHA?
Promotes a healthy cardiovascular system.*
Supports healthy blood pressure levels already within normal range.*
Maintains healthy blood lipid levels already within normal limits.*
Supports a healthy inflammatory response.*
Promotes healthy joint movement and comfort.*
Why is Vitacost® Synergy® Liquid Norwegian Cod Liver Oil Omega-3 EPA + DHA your everyday essential?
Delicious lemon flavor.
Can be taken by teaspoonfuls or added to beverages or dressings.
Easy way to add omega-3 EPA and DHA to your diet!
Contains 50 servings per bottle.
Exceptional quality at an extraordinary value.
Potency • Purity • Pride
All Vitacost® supplements are formulated to deliver the level of support you expect and deserve. Whether you’re shopping Vitacost® vitamins, minerals, herbs or other key nutrients, their potency is guaranteed – what’s on the label is what’s in the bottle. Plus, all Vitacost® supplements adhere to the FDA’s Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMPs), ensuring that they are manufactured to high standards of POTENCY, PURITY, efficacy and safety. We take PRIDE in what we do, which is why we promise if you don’t love your product, we’ll take it back – even if the bottle is empty.
About Synergy by Vitacost
Working with your body, Synergy supplements can keep you headed in the right direction. These formulas feature standardized herbal extracts, scientifically researched ingredients and high potencies – all at the best value possible. Synergy provides premium nutrition, because your health is too precious to be making sacrifices. Find your everyday essentials and targeted wellness support in this growing selection of well-researched, quality supplements.
Take 2 teaspoons daily with food or as directed by a healthcare professional. Refrigerate after opening and use within 3 months.
Prior to opening, keep dry and at room temperature (59°-86°F [15°-30°C]).
Milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, crustacean shellfish, gluten, titanium dioxide.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 2 Teaspoons (10 mL)
Servings per Container: 50
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||9 g||12%|
| Saturated Fat||2 g||10%|
|Vitamin A (as retinyl palmitate)||600 mcg||67%|
|Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol [D3])||23 mcg (920 IU)||115%|
|Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopherol)||13 mg||89%|
|Norwegian Cod Liver Oil||8800 mg||*|
| Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)||809 mg|
| Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA)||528 mg|
†Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
*Daily Value not established.
Other Ingredients: Natural lemon flavor, rosemary extract, mixed tocopherols (antioxidant), ascorbyl palmitate (antioxidant) and citric acid.
Contains: Fish (cod).
Pregnant or lactating women, those with diabetes, hypoglycemics, and people with known medical conditions and/or taking drugs should consult with a licensed physician and/or pharmacist prior to taking dietary supplements. Keep out of reach of children.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Ways to Get More Vitamin D During Winter
Winter can be harsh. Shoveling mounds of snow, de-icing your car every morning and schlepping around in heavy, weatherproof boots all day takes a toll on your body. But it’s not just your sore muscles, chapped lips or frizzy hair that’s the problem. For many, lack of sunshine can be a real health concern.
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) recommends people ages 19 to 70 get at least 600 international units (IUs) of vitamin D daily. That amount increases to a minimum 800 IUs as you age, because it becomes harder for the body to naturally produce vitamin D. This rare-but-essential nutrient has been shown to support the maintenance of healthy bones and teeth, as well as help keep the immune and nervous systems fully functioning.† That’s the good news. The bad news is this “sunshine vitamin” is not easy to come by during the dreary winter months
Un D-niable sources of vitamin D
- Natural sources: The number one source of vitamin D is the midday sun. Experts recommend 20 to 25 minutes of exposure daily, without sunscreen, for maximum benefits. However, in many areas, it’s too cold to go outside or the sun simply isn’t strong enough to promote vitamin D production during the winter months. In that case, look for food and supplement sources…
- Food sources: Certain foods can provide this essential nutrient. Chow down on fatty fish, like salmon, tuna, trout, mackerel and eel. Not a fan of seafood? Not a problem! Fish liver oils, like Vitacost Liquid Norwegian Cod Liver Oil in lemon flavor, egg yolks and vitamin D-fortified milk, orange juice and cereals can also do the trick.
- Supplements: Even if you make a concerted effort to eat many of the foods listed above on a daily basis, it can still be very difficult to ensure you’re getting the vitamin D your body needs through diet alone. That’s where supplements come in. For many, dietary supplements are the easiest way to fill in nutritional gaps.
Vitamin D supplements come in many different varieties. Choose the type that appeals most to you.
- If you don’t mind swallowing pills, consider taking vitamin D tablets. MegaFood Vitamin D-3 Tablets are free of gluten, soy and dairy!
- Some people prefer soft gel capsules because of their easy-to-swallow coating. If you’re in this camp, check out Doctor's Best Vitamin D3 Softgel Capsules.
- If you’re not a fan of swallowing pills at all, chewables may be for you. Caltrate 600 + D3 Calcium & Vitamin D3 Soft Chews are flavored like chocolate truffles! For kids, consider Bluebonnet Nutrition Super Earth Rainforest Animalz Vitamin D3 Mixed Berry Chewable Tablets. They're made with whole-food fruits and veggies.
- Gummies are another route for kids and the elderly. Look for tasty flavors like black cherry, orange and strawberry, so they’ll actually enjoy taking their vitamins. Kids may even beg for them!
- Liquid vitamin D supplements are another popular choice to get the goods down the hatch. They, too, come in a variety of flavors and a couple convenient forms, like Garden of Life mykind Organics Vegan D3 Spray in vanilla. All it takes is one spray and you're on your merry way!