Woodstock Natural Almonds Sliced Thick Description
Eat Because It's Good
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- BPA Free
- Sliced Thick
Feeling a little nuts today? Don't worry, Woodstock nuts will give you Just what you need, nothing more and nothing less. We choose the finest quality nuts, hand-selected, and Non-GMO Project Verified for your snacking pleasure. Eat them Just as they are or mix them together with any of our other fruit, nut & seed offerings for a unique DIY trail mix. We're kind of crazy and about them and we think you will be too!
BPA packaging, GMOs.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/3 Cup (30 g)
Servings per Container: About 7
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Fat Calories||130|
|Total Fat||15 g||23%|
| Saturated Fat||1 g||5%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g||2%|
| Dietary Fiber||4 g||16%|
| Sugar||1 g|
Other Ingredients: Sliced almonds.
Caution: May contains shell fragments.
Manufactured on shared equipment in a plant that processes peanuts, tree nuts, soy, wheat (gluten), and milk products.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Sweet Almond & Fig Cake
Did you know that figs are technically not a fruit? They are inverted flowers, or flowers that bloom inward! These gorgeous introverts are delicious eaten raw with a drop of honey or baked into breads and cakes. Take this paleo-friendly loaf that combines naturally sweet figs with crushed almonds, yogurt and spices to create a dense, moist cake. Slather on the frosting easily made with coconut butter, and enjoy a delicious treat with the health benefits of fruit, minerals and antioxidants.
Sweet Almond & Fig Cake
- 1 cup chopped dried figs
- ½ cup crushed almonds
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1-1/4 cups coconut flour
- 1-1/4 cups almond meal
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup softened coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup plain almond or coconut yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- Coconut oil spray
- 1 cup coconut butter (softened)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt
- Sliced almonds
- Place figs in boiling water and let sit for 20 minutes to hydrate. Drain and set aside. Chop when cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9x5-inch loaf pan with coconut oil spray.
- In bowl, whisk together flours/meals, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice and salt.
- In separate bowl, whisk together coconut oil and sugar. Add eggs and whisk until smooth, then add yogurt and almond extract and stir until combined.
- Slowly add dry mix into liquid and stir until smooth. Fold in almonds and chopped figs.
- Transfer batter into prepared pan and bake until toothpick comes out clean, about 45-55 minutes.
- Cool and remove from pan.
- For frosting, in small bowl, whip together all ingredients except almonds. Spread frosting on cooled fig loaf and top with almonds.
Add the ingredients to your cart and order now!