If you want pizza, you call and place an order, right? That’s one way. The other way is to bake a cake. Carrot cake pizza is the two-in-one treat you can eat for brunch or save for dessert. This gluten-free, vegan recipe makes eight decadent slices that come drizzled with a sweet coconut glaze. It sounds like a cheat meal, but the wholesome ingredients won’t weigh you down. Now every celebration will call for “pizza.”
Carrot Cake Pizza
1 cup garbanzo flour
1 cup finely shredded carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
¼ cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut flakes
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
¾ cup turbinado sugar
½ tsp. baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
¼ tsp. ground allspice
1 tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. pink salt
1 flax egg (1 Tbsp. ground flax + 3 Tbsp. water)
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9-inch spring form pan with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder and spices.
- In a small bowl, mix flax and water to create flax egg. Set aside at least 5 minutes to gel.
- In a separate bowl, mix together carrots, coconut flakes, coconut oil, sugar and vanilla. Stir in flax egg.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and whisk together.
- Pour mixture into greased spring form pan and bake 35 – 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before glazing.
- Meanwhile, prepare glaze by blending coconut milk, shredded carrots, maple syrup and vanilla in a high-speed blender. Process until smooth.
- Using a pizza cutter, slice cake into 8 slices. Drizzle with glaze, sprinkle with coconut flakes and garnish with shredded carrots.