This light and crispy chicken dish will satisfy anyone, any day. Grab a fork and dig in!
• 2 ½ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into pieces
• 2 red apples (Gala works well), cored, diced and divided
• 2 cups fresh cranberries, divided
• 1 large yellow onion, sliced
• 1 cup quinoa
• 12 Celestial Seasonings Cranberry-Apple Zinger
Tea bags, divided
• 6 cups hot water, divided
• ½ cup honey
• 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
• 1 Tbsp all-purpose seasoning
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• Chopped green onions and parsley for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and chicken. Sprinkle all-purpose seasoning on chicken and cook until brown on both sides.
3. Place chicken pieces into a large roasting pan.
4. Using the same skillet, sauté garlic, onion, 1 chopped apple and 1 cup cranberries for about 8 minutes, or until fruit and onions are tender.
5. Add 8 tea bags to 4 cups hot water and let steep. Squeeze tea bags and discard. Add honey and stir until dissolved.
6. Pour onion-fruit mixture over chicken.
7. Pour tea-honey mixture on top and cover roasting pan.
8. Bake for 1 hour, or until chicken is cooked through.
9. While baking, steep remaining 4 tea bags in 2 cups hot water. Squeeze tea bags and discard.
10. Transfer tea to a small saucepan, add quinoa and bring to a boil.
11. Once boiling, reduce to simmer, cover and cook 10-15 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
12. In the skillet, melt butter and add remaining chopped apple and 1 cup cranberries. Saute until softened.
13. Stir in quinoa and serve with chicken.
14. Garnish with green onions and parsley, if desired.
|Enter Shipping Zip Code:|
|Please enter a valid zip code|