Who needs butter sauce when you can have the rich nuttiness of almonds? Paired with fresh trout fillets,
this healthier cream sauce is quite the catch.
• 4 trout fillets (about 6 oz each and ½” thick)
• ⅓ cup stone ground whole wheat flour
• 1 ½ Tbsp almond butter
• 5 Tbsp unsweetened soy milk
• 2 Tbsp canola oil
• 2 Tbsp lemon juice
• 1 large egg
• ½ tsp sea salt
• ¼ tsp black pepper
Preheat oven to 250°F.
Meanwhile, prepare almond butter sauce:
In a medium bowl, mix 3 tablespoons soy milk with almond butter, lemon juice and half the salt and pepper.
1. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat the egg with remaining soy milk.
2. In another shallow bowl, combine flour and remaining salt and pepper.
3. Dip the trout into egg mixture, then into the flour mixture.
4. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon oil.
5. Add fish in batches and cook with skin side up for 2-3 minutes, or until browned.
6. Flip fish and cook another 3-4 minutes until opaque.
7. Place fillets on a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven while cooking the next batch with remaining oil.
8. Plate trout and drizzle with almond butter sauce.
|Enter Shipping Zip Code:|
|Please enter a valid zip code|