A healthy homemade breakfast bar can be made with absolutely no baking required. No, really.
• 2 cups old fashioned oats
• ¾ cup almond butter
• ½ cup dried cranberries sweetened with fruit juice
• ½ cup raw cacao nibs
• ⅓ cup coconut oil
• ⅓ cup honey
• 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• pinch of salt
1. In a large bowl, combine oats, cranberries, cacao nibs and cinnamon. Stir well.
2. In a small pot over medium heat, combine oil, honey, vanilla extract and almond butter. Warm this long enough to combine the liquids well without letting it boil. Stir constantly to avoid simmering. Note: This step is simply to make the combination more fluid, so it mixes more easily with the oats.
3. Pour the nut butter mixture into the bowl of oats and stir to coat completely.
4. Press the mixture into a greased baking dish and freeze for 2 hours before cutting into bars.
5. These homemade granola bars keep in the fridge for about a week.
|Enter Shipping Zip Code:|
|Please enter a valid zip code|