Alter Eco Organic Dark Chocolate Bar Super Blackout® 90% Cocoa Description
Dark Super Blackout
3 g Sugar Per Serving
Intense Smooth Fruity
Fair Trade Certified
Non GMO Project Verified
Certified Gluten Free
Deepest Dark Super Blackout Organic Chocolate
If you love our award-winning Blackout bar, it's time to step into the heart of dark. At 90% cacao, this deepest of blends unites the malty intensity of Ecuadorian cacao with the robust fruitiness of its Dominican cousin. Expert Swiss conching and a touch of Madagascar vanilla makes sure you don't miss the sugar, guarantee a smooth, creamy bite, while all that cacao offers the health conscious some melt-in-your-mouth benefits.
Chocolate is good for the soul. And even better when it's made with good, clean, nourishing stuff. This bar is an organic, fair trade, vegan, gluten free, and non-GMO as it gets. We believe the old cliche is actually true: we are what we eat. So let's all be mindfully delicious.
Gluten, GMOs and animal ingredients.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: About 4 Pieces
Servings per Container: About 2.5
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||18 g||23%|
| Saturated Fat||11 g||55%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g||3%|
| Dietary Fiber||3 g||11%|
| Sugars||3 g|
| Incl. Added Sugars||3 g||6%|
Other Ingredients: *Organic cacao beans, *organic cocoa butter, *organic raw cane sugar, *organic vanilla beans.
*Fair Trade Certified™ by Fair Trade USA, total 100% Fair Trade ingredients.
Made on equipment shared with milk, hazelnuts, almonds, coconut, and soy. Individuals who are allergic to these should not consume this product.
Cocoa: 90% minimum.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Coconut Rum Truffles
Dreaming of the tropics while braving cold winter weather? Transport yourself instantly
with these island-inspired coconut rum truffles. Ready to roll? Simply blend together a mixture of nuts, nut butter, chewy dates, dark chocolate, plant-based milk (and, of course, the optional splash of dark rum). Scoop, shape into balls and coat with coconut shreds – or any topping you’d like. We hear paradise calling. Go ahead and answer!
Coconut Rum Truffles
- 1 bar 3 oz. organic dark chocolate (in pieces)
- 3 Medjool dates (pitted and soaked in hot water for 5 minutes)
- 1 cup nut butter of choice
- ¼ cup plant-based milk
- ½ tsp. organic vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp. dark rum (optional)
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- Shredded coconut
- Optional: Hemp seeds (cacao powder, finely chopped/minced nuts)
- In a small pan, melt chocolate over low heat. (Note: Use double boiler or microwave if desired.)
- In food processor, combine melted chocolate, dates, nut butter, plant-based milk, vanilla extract and rum. Process until shapeable dough forms.
- Transfer mixture to bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Use teaspoon to scoop out a spoonful of mixture; roll into ball. Insert hazelnut into truffle, tucking completely into center. Repeat for remaining mixture.
- Arrange toppings of choice on plates. Roll truffles to coat.
- Store truffles in refrigerator. Remove and let sit at room temperature 30-45 minutes before serving.
Grab these ingredients and more at Vitacost.com.