Ancient Harvest Traditional Quinoa Description
6 g Complete Protein
Organic White Grains
100% Royal Bolivian
Washed & Rinsed
100% Whole Grain
This organic Traditional Quinoa is soon to become your family's favorite. Whether you're looking to enjoy for breakfast, create delicious sides or build a main course, your family will request this incredible ancient grain again and again. Nutritious food has never been so irresistible.
Proteins are made up of amino acids, nine of which are considered "essential" because your body can't make them on its own. These amino acids must be supplied by the food you eat, yet there are few plant foods that contain them all. Quinoa is an exception - it's one of the rare, complete plant-based proteins on earth, making it a versatile, nutrient-dense, and delicious addition to any diet.
At Ancient Harvest, they've been working with the same quinoa farming communities for more than 35 years. Every nutritious ancient grain they cultivate is sourced directly from these farms. It's their commitment to high-quality, organic, sustainable farming. As they've grown, quinoa remains an ingredient in everything they create. No matter the meal, Ancient Harvest provides the delicious, plant-based fuel you need to power up your day.
How to Cook Quinoa
Bring 1 cup quinoa, 2 cups water to boil.
Reduce to simmer, cover.
Cook about 15 min. until water is absorbed.
Cooked grain appears soft + translucent.
If using Rice Cooker treat quinoa like rice: 2 parts water to 1 part quinoa - stir, cover, cook.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/4 Cup Dry (48 g)
Servings per Container: 17
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||25|
|Total Fat||3 g||5%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
| Dietary Fiber||3 g||14%|
| Sugars||3 g|
Other Ingredients: Organic whole grain white quinoa.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Simple Quinoa Veggie Salad
If you’re ever tempted to think that simple means boring, here’s a recipe to change your mind. Using seemingly simple, whole-food ingredients, this vibrant salad is a winner with its bright flavor and wealth of nutrients. It’s loaded with a rainbow of zucchini, yellow summer squash, orange bell peppers and grape tomatoes. Fresh veggies mingle with protein-packed quinoa and garbanzo beans – and a tangy, tasty lemon-balsamic vinegar dressing – offering a light dish that bursts with wholesome flavor.
Simple Quinoa Veggie Salad
- 1-1/2 cups quinoa (rinsed)
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup zucchini (chopped)
- 1 cup yellow summer squash (chopped)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (cut in half)
- 2 orange bell peppers (chopped)
- 1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- Basil (for garnish)
- In pot, bring quinoa and water to boil. Reduce to slow simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until all water is gone.
- Remove quinoa from heat and cover for 10 minutes, then let cool.
- In bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil and vinegar.
- Once quinoa is cooled, combine with chopped veggies, garbanzo beans, salt, garlic, pepper and lemon dressing. Toss together until well combined.
- Transfer to dish; garnish with basil.
- Store in fridge for up to three days.
– Serve warm or chilled.
– Garnish with your favorite herbs such as parsley or rosemary. You can also add them directly into the salad.
– This recipe makes a large amount. Simply cut the recipe in half or freeze some for later.
Add the ingredients to your cart to make this flavorful salad!