Hooked on cold brew? Normally, you enjoy the chilly caffeinated beverage in a cup or mug. Want to try it on a popsicle stick? This ice pop recipe gives your favorite drink a fun twist. Plus, it’s loaded with good-for-you ingredients and superfoods, like chia seeds, maca, coconut and cacao. Admittedly, this frozen treat might be better for you than your daily cup of joe. Give it a whirl--literally!
2-1/4 cups almond milk
1 oz. cold-brewed coffee
3 Tbsp. ground black chia seeds
1 Tbsp. maca powder
4 Tbsp. coconut sugar
1 tsp. vanilla bean powder
1 tsp. cacao powder
- In high-speed blender, combine almond milk, coffee, chia seeds, maca, coconut sugar and vanilla and process until thoroughly combined.
- Pour mixture into ice pop mold so they’re about 3/4 of the way filled. You should still have mixture remaining.
- Sprinkle a layer of shredded coconut about half inch thick onto each.
- In blender, combine remaining base mixture with cacao powder and pour over shredded coconut, filling to top of ice pop mold. (If necessary to fill to top, add more almond milk.)
- Freeze for at least 4-6 hours, but overnight is best.
- Serve frozen, sprinkled with additional coconut.