Better Than Bouillon Premium Cooking Base Roasted Beef Description
Made from roast beef and concentrated beef stock. The beef base adds the perfect flavor in dishes such as Beef Stroganoff or Beef Stew.
Only 1 tsp Better Than Bouillon = One Cube or 8 oz Can Broth
Refrigerate after opening.
Basic Stock Directions: Dissolve 1 teaspoon (equal to 1 bouillon cube) Roasted Beef Base in 8 oz boiling water. For each quart of stock needed, use 1-1/2 tablespoons Beef Base. Use basic stock for soups, sauces and gravies, or to cook vegetables, rice or pasta with more flavor.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Teaspoon (6 g)
Servings per Container: 38
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Calories from Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g||0%|
Not a significant source of saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, dietary fiber, sugars, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium and iron.
Other Ingredients: Roasted beef with concentrated beef stock, salt, hydrolyzed soy protein, sugar, corn syrup solids, flavoring, yeast extract, dried whey (milk), potato flour, caramel color, corn oil, xanthan gum.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Traditional Moussaka with Zucchini
Greek moussaka — the layered casserole of eggplant, potato, meat sauce and cheesy béchamel — is about as delicious as Mediterranean comfort food gets. This recipe mixes in zucchini for a denser vegetable base layer. The scent of cinnamon, oregano, ginger and red wine in the tomato-based sauce will spark appetites and memories. Moussaka is traditionally served in large pieces, undoubtedly to reward the cravings that the aromas arouse.
Traditional Moussaka with Zucchini
- 2 lbs. eggplant (thinly sliced)
- 1-½ lbs. white potato (thinly sliced)
- 1 lb. zucchini (thinly sliced)
- Olive oil spray
- 1-1/2 lbs. ground beef or lamb
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. ginger
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 large yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 serrano pepper (chopped)
- 5 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- ¾ cup red wine
- 1 cup tomato puree
- ½ tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. Better than Bouillon Beef Base
- 1 cup water
- 4 oz. butter
- 4 oz. flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (or hard cheese of choice)
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ tsp. salt
- Bay leaf
- ¼ tsp. white pepper
- ¼ tsp. grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle eggplant with salt and place between paper towels for 15 minutes to draw out moisture.
- On roasting pan, arrange eggplant and spray evenly with olive oil; roast for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- In large pan over medium-high heat, add beef/lamb, cinnamon, oregano, ginger, allspice, cayenne, salt and pepper and brown for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- To pan, add onion and bell pepper and sauté 5 minutes. Add serrano pepper and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes, then stir in tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir meat into pepper and onion mixture, add red wine and cook for 5 minutes, until reduced and wine is almost evaporated.
- Add tomato puree, bring to boil then reduce to simmer. Add sugar, bouillon and water, stir to combine. Let simmer.
- In 3-quart baking dish, layer potato first, then zucchini, followed by half of eggplant. Add beef mixture, then top with remaining eggplant.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- To make béchamel sauce, in saucepan over medium heat, melt butter then stir in flour until well combined.
- Slowly whisk in milk and stir until thickened, 5-10 minutes. Add salt, bay leaf, nutmeg and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted. Whisk in egg yolks. Once well combined, pour over eggplant in baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Let rest 20 minutes before serving.
Add the ingredients to your cart!