Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour Super-Fine Description
Almond Flour is simply skinless, blanched almonds ground to a super-fine texture. It is gluten free and contains 5 grams of carbohydrates per serving. Use it in grain free and gluten free baking, or try it as a breading for meats and vegetables. It lends a moist texture and rich, buttery flavor to cakes, cookies, pancakes, and muffins.
Nowadays, so many of the products you fine in grocery stores are processed to the point that they can barely be considered food at all. Sometimes you can't even pronounce half of the things in the ingredients list! At Bob's Red Mill, we just don't do it that way. When it comes to grains, nuts and seeds, we think nature got it right.
Pure and simple. Those are the perfect words to describe Bob's Red Mill® Almond Flour. Take a look at the ingredients - or rather, the ingredient. That's right. There's only one: almonds. It doesn't get much simpler than that. And we think that's just how it should be.
To Your Good Health,
Reasons to Love Almond Flour
Great for Baking • Grain Free • Gluten Free • Paleo Friendly
Store in a cool, dry place. Keeps best refrigerated or frozen after opening.
Gluten, GMOs, grains.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 2 Tbsp. (14 g)
Servings per Container: About 65
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||5 g||6%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g||2%|
| Dietary Fiber||1 g||4%|
| Total Sugars||1 g|
| Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
|Vitamin E||2 g||15%|
Other Ingredients: Blanced almonds.
Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts and soy. Tested and confirmed Gluten Free in the quality control laboratory.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
View printable version
Sugar-Dusted Challah with Almond Cream Filling
Bread and dessert collide in this sweet challah recipe that is just as delicious whether or not you celebrate the Jewish holidays. Sugar and almonds take the place of the more traditional poppy or sesame toppings, and the almond cream filling is a delectable surprise upon first bite. This decadent bread is the perfect addition to breakfast or dessert spreads for the holidays.
7-8 cups Bob’s Red Mill Unbleached White All-Purpose Flour
1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Sparkling Sugar
1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Fine Cane Sugar
1-1/2 cups warm water
4-1/2 tsp. Bob’s Red Mill Active Dry Yeast
1 stick butter, melted
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sliced almonds
4-1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Super-Fine Almond Flour
1 cup cane sugar
4 tsp. almond extract
1 stick butter, softened
3 egg whites
- In large bowl, add warm water and yeast. Set aside 5 minutes while yeast activates. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once yeast activates, add 7 cups of flour, cane sugar, butter, salt and eggs. Stir by hand for 10 minutes, or until dough is smooth and springy. Add more flour, if necessary.
- In lightly greased bowl, pour in dough and let rest, covered, in a warm place for 45 to 60 minutes. Let rise to double original size.
- To make filling, cream butter and sugar. Stir in almond extract and egg whites until thoroughly combined. Mix in almond flour until smooth.
- Place risen dough on floured surface and divide in half. Cover one half and roll the other into a 9”x13” rectangle. Slice dough into 3”x13” sections. Spread each strip with filling, leaving a 1/2” section of the strip clean all the way down the long edge. Roll each strip along short edge to create long tube. Press down dough to seal any openings. Lay tubes next to each other and braid together. Fold ends of braid under loaf. Repeat for other half of dough.
- Place braided loaves on baking sheet, cover, keep warm and let rise for 30 to 45 minutes. During last 5 minutes of rising, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush egg wash over loaves and sprinkle them with sparkling sugar and almonds. Bake 45 to 60 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches approximately 200 degrees F and crust is golden brown. Cool for 30 minutes.