Bob's Red Mill Organic Medium Grind Cornmeal Description
100% of the Grain is Whole Grain
An Employee-Owned Company
You Can See Our Quality®
To your Good Health® ~ Bob Moore
Our cornmeal makes incredible delicious cornbread, and here's why: we leave the corn germ and brain in. It's 100% stone ground, which results in cornmeal that isn't just tasty - it's a good source of fiber, too. You'll find it's also the ideal texture for muffins, pancakes, waggles and a host of other baked goods.
Corn is perhaps the most traditional of American foods: domesticated thousands of years ago, it's been a cultural and nutritional mainstay ever since. At Bob's Red Mill, we mill our cornmeal from the finest-quality golden corn, stone ground the old-fashioned way on our millstones to preserve all of the vital nutrients - and flavor - we've loved for generations.
To your good health,
Store in a cool, dry place. Keeps best refrigerated or frozen after opening.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/4 Cup (38 g)
Servings per Container: About 18
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||1.5 g||2%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||30 g||11%|
| Dietary Fiber||4 g||14%|
| Total Sugars||1 g|
| Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
| Protein||3 g|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
Other Ingredients: Organic whole grain corn.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Holiday Stuffing Muffins
Here’s a fun change for Thanksgiving this year. Instead of passing around a bowl of stuffing that grows soggy too soon, let your family feast on stuffing muffins. This twist on tradition turns the classic staple into individual muffins that bake up crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. This recipe combines buttermilk cornbread and crusty white bread into a must-try for all the stuffing lover at your table.
Holiday Stuffing Muffins
- 1-1/3 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Medium Grind Cornmeal
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 10 oz. Bob’s Red Mill Cornbread (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 6 oz. Italian or French bread loaf (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup celery (diced small)
- 2 cups yellow onion (diced small)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh sage (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 8 x 8-inch baking pan.
- In large bowl, combine cornmeal and buttermilk; let sit 10 minutes.
- In another large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add in cornmeal mixture, eggs and butter. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer to pan and bake until golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. On sheet pan, spread bread cubes and cornbread cubes in an even layer. Bake 10 minutes or until bread is crisp and light brown. Stir bread to prevent burning. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 325 degrees F.
- In medium sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt butter, add onion and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in poultry seasoning, sage, parsley, salt, pepper and pine nuts and cook for another minute.
- To large bowl, add onion mixture and toasted bread cubes; mix with spatula until combined. Add stock and eggs and stir until combined.
- Line 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups. Spoon stuffing into each cup, mounding at the top. (Note: Pack stuffing in tightly to prevent muffins from falling apart.)
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until tops are browned.
- Let cool 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve warm.
Add the ingredients to your cart and order now!