Bob's Red Mill Organic Medium Grind Cornmeal Description
100% of the Grain is Whole Grain
An Employee-Owned Company
You Can See Our Quality®
To your Good Health® ~ Bob Moore
Our cornmeal makes incredible delicious cornbread, and here's why: we leave the corn germ and brain in. It's 100% stone ground, which results in cornmeal that isn't just tasty - it's a good source of fiber, too. You'll find it's also the ideal texture for muffins, pancakes, waggles and a host of other baked goods.
Corn is perhaps the most traditional of American foods: domesticated thousands of years ago, it's been a cultural and nutritional mainstay ever since. At Bob's Red Mill, we mill our cornmeal from the finest-quality golden corn, stone ground the old-fashioned way on our millstones to preserve all of the vital nutrients - and flavor - we've loved for generations.
To your good health,
Store in a cool, dry place. Keeps best refrigerated or frozen after opening.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/4 Cup (38 g)
Servings per Container: About 18
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||1.5 g||2%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||30 g||11%|
| Dietary Fiber||4 g||14%|
| Total Sugars||1 g|
| Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
| Protein||3 g|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
Other Ingredients: Organic whole grain corn.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Gluten-Free Rhubarb Pie
As Carl Sagan said, “If you want to make a rhubarb pie from scratch, first you have to create the universe.” Lucky for us, the universe is up and running and we get to reap the rewards along with the rhubarb. But while rhubarb exists in the universe, it’s not around all year, so grab it when you can and bake a pie!
This recipe makes a sweet pastry crust with naturally gluten-free buckwheat flour, cornmeal and coconut sugar. The filling combines cinnamon, cardamom and vanilla with sweet-tart rhubarb, coconut sugar and lemon zest. Are you a rhubarb pie purist, preferring to enjoy its distinct flavor as is? Or do you like to sweeten it under a cloud of ice cream or whipped cream? We suggest trying it both ways to find out.
Gluten-Free Rhubarb Pie
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter (cold)
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour (extra for dusting)
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-2 Tbsp. ice water
- 4 cups rhubarb (chopped into 1/2-1-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Cut butter into cubes and place in freezer.
- In food processor, pulse together flour, cornmeal, sugar and salt until well mixed.
- Add butter cubes and pulse until mixture forms small (pea-size) clumps.
- In small bowl, whisk together egg yolks and 1 Tbsp. ice water.
- Pour egg mixture into dry mix and pulse until dough holds together, adding second tablespoon of ice water if necessary.
- Gather dough, place on clean, dry surface and knead briefly to smooth out.
- On work surface covered in flour, pat and press into circle about 1-inch thick, wrap in parchment paper and refrigerate for two hours, or up to two days.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In 9-inch pie plate, place crust and shape to fill plate.
- In large bowl, mix together all filling ingredients.
- Pour filling into chilled pie crust in dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. and bake for 45-50 minutes, until crust is golden.
- Cool 30 minutes before serving.
Get the ingredients you need to bake this pie!