Celebration Herbals Organic Horsetail Tea Caffeine Free Description
Horsetail is one of the ancient herbs of the world. In the prehistoric period, it is believed to have grown to the size of pine trees; herbal lore tells us it may still exist in that form in the remote East Australian Rainforest. In the days of the settlers its tough stems were bunched together to make scouring pads. Today, only the tender young shoots are used for tea.
Horsetail is known by many names: Shavegrass, Scouring Rush, Bottlebrush and Pewterwort. It makes an excellent tea and is known among herbalists as "nature's scalpel."
Better herbs make Better Tea
No flavorings, preservatives or sweeteners of any kind.
- Good water is an essential part of brewing a great cup of tea. We recommend using spring or filtered water.
- Be sure to relax! Some of the most enjoyable aspects of tea are the calmness and ritual that surround it.
- This is a delicate herb and is more potent when exposed to high temperatures for a short period of time. So that your tea has its maximum medicinal properties and flavor, be sure that your water is at a rolling boil when you pour it over your teabags.
- If you desire a medicinal tea, be sure to use one tea bag per cup of boiling water, cover and steep for 7-12 minutes. This is known as the infusion method.
- If you desire a pleasure tea or quick brew, use one teabag per cup of hot water. Pour water over teabags, cover, and let steep 3 to 5 minutes to taste. Enjoy!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.