Craving something refreshing to keep you cool under the hot sun? Here’s a meal that will satisfy your hunger, while also helping you maintain the bikini body you’ve been working toward. A bold and bright compilation of sweet, juicy and savory makes this a salad to remember, and you can use the cantaloupe as your bowl for a meal that’s as picturesque as it is delicious. Plus, with just a few omissions, this dish can be vegan or nut-free, too! So take a bite, close your eyes and enjoy the taste of the season.
Time: 10 minutes
1/2 fresh cantaloupe
5 oz. organic arugula, washed
1 pint fresh blackberries
1/4 cup shelled pistachios (omit to make nut-free)
1/8 cup sprouted watermelon seeds
1 handful fresh basil
1-1/2 oz. nitrate- and sugar-free prosciutto (omit to make vegan)
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. orange juice
Himalayan sea salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
Cayenne powder, to taste
- Scoop cantaloupe into balls and set aside. Save empty half to us as a bowl if desired.
- In small mixing bowl, combine dressing ingredients and whisk.
- On cutting board, fold basil and chop evenly into large pieces.
- In four bowls, divide arugula evenly. Top with blackberries, cantaloupe, prosciutto, pistachios, watermelon seeds and basil.
- Pour dressing over each portion before serving.