Delallo 100% Organic Orzo Pasta Description
Made In Italy
100% Whole Weat Pasta
Our authentic Italian whole wheat pasta begins in the durum wheat fields of Puglia Italy where climate and soil produce premium organic grain.
Expertly milled, our whole wheat flour is finely ground for the texture of semolina while retaining all of its healthy, whole wheat goodness. The flour is kneaded slowly with cool spring water and extruded, using bronze plates. The unique, course surface that results will hug your favorite sauce and enhance the flavor of yuor dishes.
- Bring 5 quarts of water (per 1 lb of pasta) to a boil and add salt.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. For firm al dente pasta vary cooking time for desired consistency.
- Drain immediately and serve with your favorite DeLallo organic pasta sauce.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 2 oz Dry
Servings per Container: About 8
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Calories from Fat||15|
|Total Fat||1.5 g||2%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g||*|
|Total Carbohydrate||43 g||14%|
| Dietary Fiber||6 g||24%|
| Sugars||2 g||*|
*Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients: Organic whole wheat semolina
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
View printable version
Roasted Veggie Lemon Orzo Salad
This vibrant, picnic-perfect salad yields a burst of lemony and savory flavors in every bite. An easy plant-based dish to prepare for lunch or dinner, it features a combo of tender orzo and beans, plus roasted tomatoes, bell peppers and brussels sprouts.
Roasted Veggie Lemon Orzo Salad
- 2 cups orzo
- 16 cups water
- 15 oz. canned chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
- 15 oz. canned red kidney beans (drained & rinsed)
- 2 cups mini bell peppers or sweet peppers (chopped)
- 2 lbs. baby brussels sprouts (halved)
- ½ cup toasted walnuts
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Fresh parsley (to garnish)
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange bell peppers and brussels sprouts in a single layer on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until veggies are charred, wilted and tender. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- While veggies cook, prepare orzo. In large pot, combine orzo with water and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to boil according to package directions. Drain orzo, then fluff with a fork. Let cool.
- In bowl, mix olive oil and lemon juice until combined. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Spoon orzo into serving bowl. Top with drained chickpeas, red kidney beans, roasted veggies and walnuts. Drizzle with lemon dressing, Gently toss to combine, garnish with parsley and serve.
Order the ingredients you need to make this colorful recipe at Vitacost.com!