Delallo Organic Spaghetti Pasta Whole Wheat No 4 Description
The art of making pasta begins with the selection of the organic whole wheat grain. We select only the finest Italian whole wheat that has been organically grown and harvested throughout Italy. The carefully milled organic whole wheat grain is the combined with cool filtered water and kneaded gently to an exact consistency which is then extruded into various shapes through bronze plates. These bronze plates are what give our pasta its unique coarse texture that allow the sauce and the pasta to adhere to one another, permitting their individual flavors to marry into a delectable palate. Delallo pasta follows artisan workmanship, which calls for the pasta to be dried slowly at low temperatures to retain nutrients and, most importantly its full flavor. The result of our labor is authentic 100% Organic Whole What Italian pasta made with integrity. Enjoy!
1. Bring 5 quarts of water (per 1 lb of pasta) to a boil and add salt if desired. 2. Add pasta and cook for 11 minutes, stirring occasionally for firm al dente pasta (vary cooking time for desired consistency). 3. Drain immediately.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 2 oz
Servings per Container: 8
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Calories from Fat||15||*|
|Total Fat||1.5 g||2%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||43 g||14%|
| Dietary Fiber||6 g||24%|
| Sugars||1 g||0%|
*Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients: Organic durum wheat semolina.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Pasta Puttanesca with Wilted Chard
February brings Valentine’s Day with its festive pink and red hearts, but did you know that it’s also American Heart Month? That’s one reason we love serving this pasta Puttanesca – to celebrate both! Dark leafy greens, olives, tomatoes, garlic and whole grains are all associated with improved cardiovascular health. At the same time, this delicious vegan dish sparks the senses with its bold flavor and enticing aroma. Light some candles, gather at the table with those dear to your heart, and make a toast to love and health!
Pasta Puttanesca with Wilted Chard
- 1/3 cup water or vegetable stock
- 1 medium bunch Swiss chard (stems removed/discarded, leaves coarsely chopped (about 7-8 cups))
- 1 Tbsp. tamari
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 28 oz. can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. capers (drained and chopped)
- 2 tsp. agave nectar
- ½ tsp. crushed red chili pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ¾ cup fresh basil (thinly sliced, plus more for garnish)
- 1 lb. dried whole wheat spaghetti
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Using large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat water/vegetable stock over medium high heat. Add chard leaves and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until leaves are wilted and tender. Add tamari, tomato paste and garlic and cook an additional minute.
- In large bowl, add tomatoes and their juices. Using clean hands, crush/break tomatoes into smaller pieces.
- In saucepan with garlic and chard, add crushed tomatoes, olives, capers, agave nectar, crushed red chili pepper flakes and oregano. Stir well. Bring mixture to low simmer; let cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large pot with salted water, cook pasta according to package directions. Before draining, reserve about ¼ cup of cooking water. Drain well.
- Add cooked pasta, along with fresh basil and reserved cooking water, to sauce. Toss well, or until all noodles are completely coated and sauce is evenly distributed. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper and serve hot in individual bowls with extra fresh basil for garnish.
Add the ingredients to your cart and make this dish!