Eden Foods Organic Black Eyed Peas Description
No Salt Added
Pure & Purifying
Eden organic USA family grown. In the traditional New Year's dish Hoppin' John it conveys good luck. For soups, and salads, greens, grain, and vegetables. "Rice for riches, peas for peace," refers to black eyed Eden bisphenol-A-free can lining.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/2 Cup
Servings per Container: About 3.5
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||10||*|
|Total Fat||1 g||2%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g||*|
|Total Carbohydrate||16 g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g||16%|
|Sugars less than||1 g||*|
*Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients: Organic black eyed peas, water, kombu seaweed.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Black-Eyed Pea Soup
Do you have healthy diet goals, yet still crave unhealthy comfort food
? We’ve got a solution! Here’s a dish that’s comforting, warm and healthy – all at the same time! This delicious black-eyed pea soup is a nutritious, super-comforting meal for cold winter days and beyond. Made with hearty organic black-eyed peas and fresh vegetables like kale, carrots and celery, this soup is full of vitamins that will give you the nutrients you need while tasting great at the same time.
Black-Eyed Pea Soup
- 2 Tbsp. California Olive Ranch Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 celery ribs (diced)
- 4 medium carrots (rounded)
- 4 kale leaves (chopped)
- 4 cups Kitchen Basics Organic Gluten-Free Vegetable Stock
- 3 cans Eden Foods Organic Black-Eyed Peas (or Shiloh Farms Organic Black-Eyed Peas for dry beans*)
- 1 can Bionaturae Organic Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Ancient Kosher Sea Salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp. Frontier Co-Op Organic Paprika
- 1 tsp. Frontier Co-Op Organic Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Frontier Co-Op Organic Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp. Frontier Co-Op Organic Fine Grind Black Pepper (or to taste)
- In soup pot over medium heat, add olive oil. Add onions and sauté for about 5 minutes until the onions are translucent. Add garlic, celery and carrots and cook for another 5 minutes until vegetables start to get soft.
- Add vegetable broth, black eyed peas, diced tomatoes and spices (salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper) and cook on medium to low heat for about 30 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Add kale leaves and cook for another 10 minutes or until greens are soft and cooked.
- Serve warm with bread or cornbread. Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for about 5 days. You can also freeze leftovers to use later.
- *Dry black-eyed pea option: Not into canned beans? Cook your own at home! Soak black eyed peas overnight or for around 6 to 8 hours. Drain water and rinse beans. Transfer beans to pot, add enough water to cover the peas and cook for about 40 mins to 1 hour, until beans are soft.
- Order the ingredients you need to make this recipe at Vitacost.com!