Eden Foods Organic Pasta Kamut and Buckwheat Rigatoni Description
100% Whole Grain
No Salt Added
USA Farm Grown
Eden Organic Pasta Company has made pasta daily since 1923. Now it makes only 100% organic U.S.A. family grain, vintage equipment, and slow air drying give it superior texture and taste.
100% Whole Grain Kamut & Buckwheat Rigatoni
Rigatoni means tube with ridges. A potent combination of two U.S.A. organic whole grains, Khorasan wheat (kamut) and buckwheat. Those sensitive to modern wheat often enjoy Khorasan. Buckwheat is gluten free with all amino acids and it's the best source of the important flavonoid, rutin.
Cook 10 to 12 minutes in rolling boil.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Cup (55 g)
Servings per Container: About 6
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Calories from Fat||15|
|Total Fat||1.5 g||2%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||39 g||13%|
| Dietary Fiber||5 g||20%|
| Sugars||3 g|
Other Ingredients: 70% Organic whole grain kamut wheat and 30% organic whole buckwheat.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Baked Butternut Squash Rigatoni
Creamy and crave-worthy, this baked butternut squash pasta is the epitome of comfort food
. It’s a cozy dish that’s simple, yet extremely flavorful thanks to the “it” veggie of the season plus onions, garlic, toasted hazelnuts and gooey Parmesan cheese. Make this recipe tonight or pin it for your holiday spread – or, if you’re anything like us, you’ll have no problem making it for both occasions (or more!).
Baked Butternut Squash Rigatoni
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, (divided, plus more for drizzling)
- 2 large shallots, (finely chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves, (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small butternut squash, (peeled, halved, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 6 cups))
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth (or stock)
- 1 lb. rigatoni
- Kosher salt
- 2 oz. Parmesan, (finely grated (about 1½ cups), divided, plus more for serving)
- 1 cup basil leaf
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Arrange hazelnuts on baking sheet and toast for 5 minutes. Once cooled, finely chop hazelnuts and drizzle with olive oil.
- In cast iron pot, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add shallots and cook until golden brown and soft, around 8 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper and cook until fragrant and garlic is soft.
- Stir in squash. Add stock and bring mixture to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until squash is tender, around 10 minutes.
- In another pot, bring salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water.
- Once cooled, transfer squash mixture into blender and add 2 cups of Parmesan. Puree until smooth.
- Pour 1 cup squash puree onto 13x9 baking dish and spread all across. Add a layer of pasta then pour remaining sauce on top.
- Top with another 1/2 cup Parmesan, cover with foil and bake 15 minutes. Uncover and raise temperature to 425 degrees F and continue baking until the top has dark spots around, 12 minutes.
- Add basil, hazelnuts, salt and olive oil. Stir to combine and layer with more parmesan and pepper.
Order the ingredients you need to make this fall-inspired recipe at Vitacost.com!