Frontier Co-op: Ethically Sourced Spices Available at Vitacost
Frontier Co-Op Celery Seed Whole Description
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- Fruit of the Celery Plant
Celery adds interesting texture and taste to salads, breads, and casseroles. They're also a key ingredient in some ethnic dishes and spice blends — like celery salt, bouquet garni, pickling blends and curries.
Owned by stores and organizations that buy and sell our products, Frontier Co-op® has been a member-owned cooperative since 1976. We support natural living and our products are never irradiated or treated with ETO. We're committed to the health and welfare of the environment and everyone producing and consuming our botanical products.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Turkey and Vegetable Soup
It happens every year: the holiday leads to more turkey than you know what to do with. When you just can’t imagine eating another turkey sandwich, it’s time to think outside the bread box. This soup is both delicious and a refreshing break from the routine. If your guests managed to finish the turkey this year, you can sub in chicken or any other protein for an easy and filling soup year round.
2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Veggie Soup Mix
8 cups water
1 onion, diced
2 cups turkey leftovers, cut into chunks
2 pinches salt and pepper
1 pinch garlic powder (or garlic salt)
1 pinch celery seed
1 cup carrots, sliced
1 cup green beans
- Prepare soup mix according to package directions.
- In large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat, combine soup mix, water, onion and spices. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add turkey and stir. If using raw vegetables, add them now. If using leftover vegetables, add them a half an hour into cooking to preserve texture.
- Let soup simmer on low to medium heat for an hour to an hour and a half, until a nice soup consistency forms.