Frontier Co-Op Herbs of Italy Description
The Italian seasoning basics are here in just the right proportions. Add it at the beginning of cooking whenever possible, to allow the flavors to meld. If you love to cook Italian, the blend will quickly become a staple in your kitchen. Use it in traditional Italian fare, but also in unexpected places--like your poached eggs or sub sandwich.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Oregano, thyme, basil, garlic, black pepper, tarragon, red bell pepper and chives.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Vegan Eggplant Parmesan
For plant-based chefs, the stakes are high. When you’re cooking for a mixed crowd, there’s a chance someone won’t pick up what you’re putting down. But you can take the heat. Of course, you won’t say no to a little competitive advantage, which is why you need this vegan version of eggplant Parmesan in your wheelhouse. With fresh vegetables and aromatic, Italian herbs, this cheese-free and oil-free dinner serves up layers of flavor. No one will miss the melted dairy or drizzle of EVOO. In fact, as the (eggplant) stacks pile up, you’ll watch those stakes come crashing down.
2 Roma tomatoes or heirloom tomatoes
1 small bunch basil
Few pinches Italian herb blend
Few pinches smoked paprika
1/2 cup unsalted Brazil nuts, soaked overnight & drained
1/4 small cauliflower head, roughly chopped (should produce about 1 cup chopped)
1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
1/4 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut tomatoes into rounds and set aside.
- Cut eggplants into medium-sized rounds and place on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle Italian herb blend over eggplant and bake 30-40 minutes, or until soft when pierced with a fork. Let cool.
- While eggplant is baking, prepare the sauce: In a food processor, add Brazil nuts and pulse a few times until slightly broken down. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until a crumbly mixture forms.
- Lay a piece of eggplant on a plate, top with “Parmesan,” a tomato round and a basil leaf. Continue to layer and create stacks until all eggplant is used. Top with paprika, if desired.