Frontier Co-op: Ethically Sourced Spices Available at Vitacost
Frontier Co-Op Mexican Fiesta Seasoning Description
A Mexican seasoning blend with a little extra flair. Frontier® Mexican Fiesta Seasoning adds tomato, a hint of lemon peel and the essential finishing touch of cilantro to enliven all your south-of-the-border dishes and more. Try it in veggie enchiladas, chicken taco salad, and Tex-Mex burgers.
Owned by stores and organizations that buy and sell our products, Frontier Co-op® has been a member-owned cooperative since 1976. We support natural living and our products are never irradiated or treated with ETO. We're committed to the health and welfare of the environment and everyone producing and consuming our botanical products.
- Sprinkle on omelets and scrambled eggs.
- Add to stir-fries
- Use in chili, soups and stews.
- Sprinkle on meats, poultry and tofu before cooking.
- Use to season burritos, enchiladas, salads, and refried beans.
- Use in bean dishes - casseroles, salads, and refried beans.
- Use to create Mexican dresses.
- Add to pilafs and other grain dishes.
- Reheat cooked pinto beans in a oiled fry pan. Sprinkle generously with Mexican seasoning, then mash. Heat through and serve as a side to your Mexican dinner.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/4 tsp (0.6 g)
Servings per Container: 100
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g||0%|
Other Ingredients: Chili peppers (may contain silicon dioxide), onion, tomato powder, paprika, cumin, garlic, cilantro, oregano, cayenne (may contain silicon dioxide), silicon dioxide, lemon peel.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Southwest Vegetable Lasagna
“I’m sick of lasagna,” said no one ever. A coveted dish in many homes, traditional lasagna is known to satisfy hungry tummies everywhere. But that doesn’t mean you should stick to the same recipe over and over again! Today, we’re giving you a reason to play around with flavors and spice things up! This vegetarian-friendly Southwest spin on classic lasagna calls for Mexican-inspired ingredients like cilantro and fresh mango chunks to impress just as much as the original.
Southwest Vegetable Lasagna
12 oz. lasagna noodles, dry
1 large egg
2 large mangoes, peeled and chopped (can substitute frozen)
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 cup prepared pasta sauce
1 cup zucchini and/or yellow squash, thinly sliced
1 cup fennel bulb, thinly sliced
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
4 tsp. olive oil
2 tsp. Frontier® Mexican Fiesta Seasoning
1 tsp. Frontier® Organic Cut & Sifted Cilantro Leaf
1 tsp. sea salt
1/8 tsp. Frontier® Organic Ground Cinnamon
1/8 tsp. Frontier® Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13x9-inch glass baking dish.
- In large stockpot, bring water to boil. Add lasagna noodles, cooking until slightly underdone.
- In 12-inch nonstick saucepan, heat olive oil on medium-high heat. Add zucchini, onion, fennel and mango. Cook, stirring occasionally for 8 minutes.
- In small saucepan, combine pasta sauce, Mexican seasoning and cinnamon until warm.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine cilantro, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, salt and pepper.
- In 13x9-inch glass baking dish, layer 1/3 pasta sauce, 1/3 lasagna noodles, 1/2 ricotta mixture, ½ zucchini mixture and 1/3 mozzarella. Repeat layers, ending with 1/3 lasagna noodles, pasta sauce and mozzarella.
- Bake approximately 8 to 10 minutes, until cheese turns brown and bubbly.