Frontier Co-op: Ethically Sourced Spices Available at Vitacost
Frontier Co-Op Organic Chili Powder Description
Frontier Co-op® Organic Chili Powder Blend combines chili pepper, garlic, cumin, coriander and three other spices to create lively and authentic flavor for Mexican, Tex-Mex and Indian dishes. This zesty blend adds pep to chili, rice, mixed nuts, meat and bean dishes.
Owned by stores and organizations that buy and sell our products, Frontier Co-op® has been a member-owned cooperative since 1976. We support natural living and our products are never irradiated or treated with ETO. We're committed to the health and welfare of the environment and everyone producing and consuming our botanical products.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Organic chili pepper, organic cumin, organic oregano, organic coriander, organic garlic, organic rice concentrate, organic allspice, organic cloves.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Air Fryer Okra With Remoulade
Okra is a Southern staple often associated with soups and stews. Their seeds contain a natural thickening agent when heated, which is why the vegetable is commonly used in Cajun stews such as gumbo and jambalaya. If okra’s slimy texture is usually off-putting, this air fryer okra is for you! The corn meal batter has a kick, and the air fryer transforms the overlooked vegetable into crispy deliciousness. Dip into a homemade Cajun-seasoned remoulade of mayonnaise, horseradish, hot sauce, even pickle juice! If flavor is what you’re looking for, consider your search complete.
Air Fryer Okra With Remoulade
- 1 lb. okra (cut into half inch slices)
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups corn meal
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt (divided)
- 1/2 tsp. paprika (divided)
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder (divided)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder (divided)
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- Cooking spray
- 1-1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. sweet paprika
- 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp. prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp. pickle juice
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 large garlic clove (finely minced)
- In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, dijon mustard, sweet paprika, Cajun seasoning, prepared horseradish, pickle juice, hot sauce and minced garlic. Mix well and set aside to use as remoulade. If not using immediately, store in airtight container in the fridge.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- In large resealable bag, place flour and season with half paprika, chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder. Shake bag to combine ingredients.
- In separate resealable bag, add cornmeal and remaining paprika, chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder. Shake bag to combine ingredients.
- Working in batches, shake okra pieces in seasoned flour.
- Shaking off excess flour, dip floured okra into beaten eggs. Be sure to fully coat in the eggs.
- Using a fork, remove okra from egg mixture letting excess drip off, and place into bag of seasoned cornmeal. Shake to coat.
- Lightly spray air fryer basket or tray with cooking spray.
- Place breaded okra in a single layer in the basket or tray. Lightly spray okra with cooking spray.
- Cook 10 minutes, shaking or turning halfway through cooking.
- Immediately season with salt.
- Repeat with remaining okra.
- Serve warm with remoulade.
Grab these ingredients and more at Vitacost.com.