Vegan Cheezy Sheet Pan Quesadillas
White Bean Queso
- 1 15.5 oz. can white beans ((great northern or cannellini), drained and rinsed)
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. ground turmeric
- 8 8-in. flour tortillas
- ½ cup jarred pickled jalapeños (drained and roughly chopped)
- 3 large scallions (thinly sliced (white and light green parts only; thinly slice dark green stalks and reserve for garnish))
- Olive oil cooking spray
Garnishes: diced avocado, scallion, salsa, lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly spray baking sheet with olive oil spray. Arrange four tortillas on baking sheet; slight overlap is OK.
- In food processor fitted with S blade, add beans, garlic, olive oil, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt, paprika, chili powder and turmeric. Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as necessary.
- Spread queso mixture evenly over tortillas. Top each with jalapeños and scallions. Lay another tortilla over each. Spray lightly with olive oil spray and place another sheet pan on top to help crisp quesadillas. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove top baking sheet and bake additional 2-3 minutes, or until tops are golden and edges are crisp.
- Cut quesadillas into fours and top with avocado and scallion. Serve with lime wedges and salsa, if desired.