Green tea infused with soothing jasmine flowers forms the base of this unparalleled punch. A blend of citrus juices melds with clove and cinnamon, providing interesting depth and complexity. Stop here, and you’ll be left with a satisfying, unique summertime refreshment.
Or, for an out-of-the-box cocktail, you could add another step by spiking it with your favorite rum or vodka. For a totally new take on adult beverages, this base is best experienced with cachaça (pronounced kah-SHAH-sah)—Brazil's favorite distilled spirit. With this final touch, this exotic jasmine tea is sure to have guests swarming around the punch bowl at your next summer soiree.
4 tsp. Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified™ Jasmine Tea
3 cups water
1/2 cup Frontier Organic Fair Trade Certified™ Cane Sugar
1 cup cold water
1-1/2 tsp. Frontier Organic Whole Cloves
1 Frontier Organic Cinnamon Stick
1 orange, juiced
1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
2 tsp. lemon juice
10 oz. cachaça
Lemon or orange slices and cinnamon sticks, for garnish
1. In tea pot or medium bowl, spoon in jasmine tea leaves. In large saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a simmer (ideally, 170 degrees F). Pour over tea, steep 2 to 4 minutes, then strain.
2. In large saucepan, combine sugar, water, cloves and cinnamon stick and bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add tea and fruit juices and simmer 5 to 10 minutes. Cool and chill in refrigerator.
3. Fill cocktail glasses halfway with ice, add 6 ounces of tea-punch mixture to each glass and add 1 shot (1-1/2 ounces) cachaça. Add garnish and additional squeeze of lemon juice if desired. Stir and serve.
1. If time allows, chill overnight to allow the flavors to really blend.
2. Make with rum or vodka for different flavor profiles.
3. Enjoy as a comforting hot drink in the winter months.