If You Care Aluminum Foil Description
IF YOU CARE® 100% Recycled
Aluminum Foil is made from 100% recycled aluminum. When other aluminum foil is produced, it requires high energy. When If You Care 100% Recycle Aluminum Foil is made, it uses only 5% of the energy required for regular aluminum foil. This makes If You Care 100% Recycle Aluminum Foil much more environmentally friendly.
Aluminum saves fuel
Two lbs. of aluminum goes a long way, creating more than 300 ft of household aluminum foil. Because of the lightness of the material, aluminum saves large quantities of transport energy.
Where does it come from?
Aluminum is available in the earth's crust in many parts of the world as the mineral bauxite. The deposits are mostly found in shallow layers of the earth. If You Care Aluminum Foil has the added benefit of being 100% recycled.
Aluminum and food storage
When used for food storage, aluminum has great food protection qualities. It preserves the nutritional value and the quality of food. It protects food against light, oxygen, humidity and bacteria. At the same time, it also preserves taste, aroma, moisture, vitamins and consistency.
• 95% less energy used
• Minimum waste
• No added chlorine, no toxins
• Excellent food wrap
• Perform equal to traditional foil
• Allows consumers to fee good about helping the environment
• Aluminum can be recycled. Recycled when you can.
• Cardboard package is biodegradable but should be recycled
1. Pull off tear strip
2. Open lid
3. Pull out foil
4. Push lid firmly down and tear foil downwards.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: 100% recycle aluminum, 100% recycled cardboard and 100% unbleached paper.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Oven-Baked Tandoori Chicken
This moist tandoori chicken makes an enticingly spiced main dish. And you don’t need a clay tandoor oven to make it! Just broil for the last five minutes to darken up the yogurt-based marinade coating for an open-flame crispness. Serve it with rice or naan
and veggie of choice (try this chana dal with tomatoes and zucchini
). It’s also great atop salads or used in tacos – you’ll love how versatile it is.
Oven-Baked Tandoori Chicken
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp. oil (for basting)
- Lime wedges (for serving)
- Finely chopped cilantro (for serving)
- 1/2 cup thick yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp. ginger paste
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. Kashmiri chili powder
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. coriander powder
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 2 Tbsp. oil
Optional: 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together all marinade ingredients.
- Add chicken to marinade and coat evenly. Marinate 30 minutes at room temperature or up to 8-12 hours in refrigerator.
- Line baking pan with aluminum foil and arrange chicken evenly. (Note: Reserve marinade and add tablespoon of oil, mix well and set it aside for basting later.)
- Bake about 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Baste chicken with remaining marinade.
- Broil on high for 5 minutes to crisp outside.
- Remove from oven and cover with foil for 5 minutes to retain heat.
- Serve with cilantro and lime wedges.
• For best results, use thick yogurt. To make thick yogurt, drain whey by adding yogurt to strainer or muslin cloth. This process takes 10-15 minutes. Alternatively, use Greek yogurt.
• If you don't have Kashmiri chili powder, substitute it with 1-1/2 tsp. of chili powder (medium-hot).
• Use smoked paprika to give it a fresh-out-of-tandoor taste.
Get the ingredients you need from Vitacost!