If You Care Aluminum Foil Description
IF YOU CARE® 100% Recycled
Aluminum Foil is made from 100% recycled aluminum. When other aluminum foil is produced, it requires high energy. When If You Care 100% Recycle Aluminum Foil is made, it uses only 5% of the energy required for regular aluminum foil. This makes If You Care 100% Recycle Aluminum Foil much more environmentally friendly.
Aluminum saves fuel
Two lbs. of aluminum goes a long way, creating more than 300 ft of household aluminum foil. Because of the lightness of the material, aluminum saves large quantities of transport energy.
Where does it come from?
Aluminum is available in the earth's crust in many parts of the world as the mineral bauxite. The deposits are mostly found in shallow layers of the earth. If You Care Aluminum Foil has the added benefit of being 100% recycled.
Aluminum and food storage
When used for food storage, aluminum has great food protection qualities. It preserves the nutritional value and the quality of food. It protects food against light, oxygen, humidity and bacteria. At the same time, it also preserves taste, aroma, moisture, vitamins and consistency.
• 95% less energy used
• Minimum waste
• No added chlorine, no toxins
• Excellent food wrap
• Perform equal to traditional foil
• Allows consumers to fee good about helping the environment
• Aluminum can be recycled. Recycled when you can.
• Cardboard package is biodegradable but should be recycled
1. Pull off tear strip
2. Open lid
3. Pull out foil
4. Push lid firmly down and tear foil downwards.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: 100% recycle aluminum, 100% recycled cardboard and 100% unbleached paper.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
DIY Scented Pinecones
It’s time to branch out from your usual store-bought decorations with homemade scented pinecones. A great addition to your holiday décor, pinecones evoke a range of emotions such as nostalgic fall evenings, snowy winter days or all-things Christmas. No matter what they mean to you, these pleasantly scented, festive adornments are a fun way to enhance your usual decoration lineup.
Pinecones not only have a muted earthy aroma, but they’re great at carrying other scents and slowly releasing them into your home throughout the day. Warm spices – like cinnamon and ginger – are popular pairings but there’s lot of cheer to be had in experimenting to find your favorite combinations.
To add the essential oils, simply combine them with water and use a spray bottle to spritz on as much or as little as you want!
DIY Scented Pinecones
- Aluminum foil
- Baking sheet
- Pinecones (rinsed if needed*)
- Spray bottle
- Essential oils of choice
- Gallon zip-top bags or large (air-tight bucket)
Suggested essential oil combinations
- Cinnamon and clove
- Cinnamon and ginger
- Pine needle and cedarwood
- Rosemary and lavender ((great for bathrooms!))
- Orange and bergamot
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Line baking sheet with foil.
- On prepared baking sheet, arrange pinecones. Bake 45 to 60 minutes, turning pinecones a few times throughout for even cooking. (This step helps preserve the pinecones, keeps them dry and encourages them to open them up for better presentation.)
- Meanwhile, in a spray bottle, mix 20 drops oil with ½ cup water. Lightly shake until combined. If using more than one oil, split the 20 drops between them however you prefer.
- Spray baked pinecones with oil mixture, making sure to turn them as you go for even application.
- Once completely cooled, place scented pinecones in an air-tight container such as multiple zip-top bags or a large bin. Let sit at least a couple days or up to two weeks for maximum absorption.
- To display, arrange pinecones in a basket or distribute them around your house.
- If pinecones lose their scent over time, simply repeat steps 4 and 5.
*To rinse pinecones, soak them in bath of soapy water and rinse thoroughly. Make sure to use a fragrance-free soap or else the smell will stick!
Add the ingredients to your cart and order now!