King Arthur Baking Company Organic Unbleached Bread Flour Description
King Arthur Flour Baking With Joy Since 1790
Wheat Type | 100% Organic Hard Red Wheat Grown on American Farms
Protein Content | 12.7% - Selected for high-rising yeast breads
Ideal for Yeast Breads, Pizza Crust, Rolls & More
Non GMO Project Verified
America's #1 Organic Flour Brand
We're a 100% employee-owned company - every one of us bakers at heart. Our mission is to inspire connections and community by spreading the joy of baking.
As a founding B Corp, we're committed to using the power of business as a force for social and environment good.
The Future of Farming
Putting a stake in the future of organic farming is putting a stake in our future; how we eat, how we bake, and what we'll leave behind. We are proud to support the Bread Lab at Washington State University, funding innovative organic grain research and developing sustainable agriculture through a revival of nutritious, flavorful grains.
Raise Your Flour IQ
Protein: The Power In Your Flour
Protein is the ultimate attribute of quality in wheat flour. Choosing the right protein content for your recipe makes your bread rise higher, your cakes moist, and your pizza crust chewier. Protein content in other flour brands can vary by 2% or more from one bag to the next.
Protein Content 12.7% | Organic Hard Red Wheat selected for Protein Content Lofty rise and perfect textures, every time
We Say No To Bleach
Moist flour companies add benzoyl peroxide, chlorine dioxide, or azodicarbonamide to chemically whiten or artificially strengthen their flours. We want your baked goods to taste delicious and be something you feel good about feeding your family and friends. King Arthur Flour contains no bleach, no bromate, and no artificial preservatives of any kind. What you get in place of these chemical bleaching agents is superior grain and or 225+ year commitment to purity. Not a bad trade off, if you as us.
After opening, keep cool and dry in a sealed container. Freeze for prolonged storage.
GMOs, and preservatives.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/4 Cup (30 g)
Servings per Container: About 76
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||23 g||8%|
| Dietary Fiber Less than||1 g||3%|
| Sugars||0 g|
| Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
Other Ingredients: Certified 100% organic unbleached hard red wheat flour, certified 100% organic malted barley flour.
Do not eat raw flour, dough, or batter.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
These golden-brown half-moons of tomato-y sauce and gooey cheese are fun as appetizers or as the star of an easy weeknight meal. The homemade dough makes the crusts so much more delicious – just leave time for it to rise for an hour. Individual calzones are perfect as part of lunch for kids, too, allowing you to sneak in some veggies. Use dairy or vegan cheese and customize the fillings any way you please.
- 5/6 cup water (divided)
- ½ tsp. yeast
- ½ tsp. sugar
- 2-½ cup organic bread flour (divided)
- 1 tsp. salt
- ? cup water
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese (dairy or vegan)
- In large mixing bowl, stir together ½ cup water, yeast and sugar. Stir in ½ cup flour and let sit 15 minutes.
- To same bowl, add 2 cups flour, 1/3 cup water, salt and olive oil. With hands, knead until dough is combined. Cover and let rise at room temperature 2 hours.
- Knead dough again and separate into 8 equal balls, about ¼ cup dough each.
- Place pizza stone in oven and preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Sprinkle flour on flat work surface and, working with 1 dough ball at a time, press it into flat disk, then use floured rolling pin to roll it into 6-inch circle with 1/8-inch thickness. In center of circle, add 1 tablespoon pizza sauce and 2 tablespoons shredded cheese, leaving 1-inch around edge without sauce or cheese. Fold dough in half to form half-moon shape and press edge with fingers to seal. Crimp edge with fork tines and place aside before repeating with remaining balls of dough.
- Carefully arrange calzones on pizza stone and bake about 10 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
Add the ingredients to your cart and make mini calzones!