Don’t save all your tricks and treasures for Thanksgiving. Show ‘em you can cook a festive, hearty dinner any day of the year. While a roasted turkey may not sound groundbreaking, this turkey stuffing recipe certainly is. Made without bread or premade bread crumbs, the mixture comes together with the help of fusilli pasta. And because you’re a master in the kitchen, you’ll also whip up a sweet pomegranate glaze to drizzle over top. The whole meal is nothing but a treat!
1 large organic turkey breast
Salt & pepper
1 box Explore Cuisine Organic Chickpea Fusilli or Brown Rice Fusilli
2 Tbsp. Nutiva Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavored
2 celery sticks, finely chopped
1 organic egg
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. rosemary
1/2 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Fine Sea Salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 cups pomegranate juice
1 cup fresh or frozen pomegranates
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 cup Vitacost Organic Maple Syrup
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. To make the stuffing, prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and add to a large mixing bowl.
3. Add celery, egg and spices; mix well. Note: you can keep the stuffing in this form. However, if you are serving for guests and want it to look more like traditional stuffing, place this mixture into a food process and blend until pasta looks like a clump of bread stuffing.
4. Place the turkey breast on a chopping board, skin down. Drizzle with olive oil, and then season with salt and pepper.
5. Place the stuffing inside the breast. Wrap kitchen twine around the turkey breast to tie it up.
6. Transfer turkey to a roasting pan and drizzle with more olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in oven approximately 1 hour, or until cooked through.
7. Meanwhile, prepare the pomegranate glaze: add all glaze ingredients to a medium pot. Bring to a boil, and then reduce and simmer 45 minutes. Note: the pomegranates will not boil down but will soften.
8. Once turkey is cooked through, remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before removing twine and slicing turkey.
9. Serve turkey with pomegranate glaze, fresh rosemary and gluten-free gravy.