Lundberg Organic California White Basmati Rice Description
Aromatic Long Grain Rice
- Non GMO Project Verified
- Gluten Free
Enjoy this long grain aromatic rice with the fragrance of Indian Basmati, but without elongation. An exotic choice when a fluffy, drier texture and an exotic aroma are desired. Especially suitable for stir-fry, salads, stuffing, pilaf, and desserts. We've grown our rice sustainably, long before anyone used the word. Our organic farming methods conserve water resources, build soil integrity, and support a healthier ecosystem.
|Servings (about 3/4 cup cooked rice)
|Water or Broth*
|Butter or Oil (optional)
Combine rice, liquid, and butter or oil in a pot, and bring to a boil.
Cover with a tight-fitting lid. Reduce heat to maintain a low simmer, and cook for 15 minutes.
Remove from heat (keep covered) and steam for 10 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.
*If rice is too firm at the end of cooking, it may be necessary to add 1-2 Tbsp. liquid and cook longer.
Rice Cooker Instructions: To prepare in a rice cooker, use the same liquid to rice ratio.
Refrigeration is recommended for extended shelf life.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/4 Cup (Dry) (45 g)
Servings per Container: About 20
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0.5 g||1%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||36 g||11%|
| Fiber||0 g||0%|
| Total Sugars||0 g|
| Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
Other Ingredients: Organic California white basmati rice.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Slow Cooker Turmeric-Veggie Power Bowl
Soup’s on! A combination of earthy spices and root veggies, including carrots and sweet potatoes, these hearty bowls are loaded with natural beta-carotene, vitamin A, potassium, vitamin C and vitamin K.
Plus, each serving is infused with New Chapter Fermented Turmeric Booster Powder to foster digestion and offer the most of this superfood’s healthy inflammation support and heart and brain nourishment.† Easily prepare this recipe in your slow cooker so you’ll be ready to go by dinner time!
Slow Cooker Turmeric-Veggie Power Bowl
- 1 yellow onion, (sliced)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
- 2 servings Fermented Turmeric Booster Powder
- 1 garlic clove, (crushed)
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) Vitacost Organic Garbanzo Beans
- 1 sweet potato, (peeled & cubed)
- 2 carrots, (cubed)
- 1 can (13.66 oz.) unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water, (if needed)
- Cinnamon stick
- Cooked rice (or cauliflower rice)
- Optional garnish: chopped cilantro & sriracha
- In pan, heat olive oil. Add onion and sauté until soft.
- Add cumin, cardamom and turmeric and stir to allow the spices to warm and “open.” Add crushed garlic and continue to sauté for another few minutes.
- Pour onion mixture into slow cooker; set heat to low.
- Add chickpeas, sweet potato, carrots and cinnamon stick to slow cooker.
- Add coconut milk, plus a little water if needed for mixing. Gently stir ingredients together.
- Cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve over rice (or riced cauliflower), garnish with cilantro and drizzle on sriracha for a spicy kick!
Like what you see? Head to Vitacost.com for the ingredients to make this nutritious bowl, soul-warming bowl! (Or, simply click the green button below!)
†This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.