Maine Coast Sea Vegetables Organic Sea Seasonings Sea Salt with Sea Veg Description
- Excellent Source of Iodine
- Maine Made
- Sea Salt, Kelp, & Dulse
- Naturally Iodized Salt
We are pleased to bring you this Maine made sea salt combined with our iodine rich, certified organic dulse and kelp. This delicious blend will fully meet your body's need for the essential element iodine, crucial not only for the thyroid, but also the endocrine and immune systems.
We've recently learned from Dr. David Brownstein's "Iodine, Why You Need It", that iodine levels have dropped over 50% in the last 30 years in the US, even though iodized table salt has been around since the 1920's. The possible reasons for this unhealthy situation are complex:
The iodine in iodized salt may not be fully bioavailable. Our depleted, farm soils are iodine starved. Iodine interfering compounds of bromine, flourine and chlorine are increasing in our foods. People are eating less dairy and animal products that provide iodine. More people are eating sea salt, mistakenly believing it a good source of iodine (less than 1 mcg/g).
These are some of the reasons your body deserves this healthy sea veg-iodized, Maine-made, sea salt. We trust you'll like it.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/4 Teaspoon
Servings per Container: 28
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Carbohydrates <||1 g||0%|
*Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients: Maine sea salt, organic raw kelp (ascophyllum nodosum), organic raw dulse (palmaria palmata).
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Roasted Veggie Lemon Orzo Salad
This vibrant, picnic-perfect salad yields a burst of lemony and savory flavors in every bite. An easy plant-based dish to prepare for lunch or dinner, it features a combo of tender orzo and beans, plus roasted tomatoes, bell peppers and brussels sprouts.
Roasted Veggie Lemon Orzo Salad
- 2 cups orzo
- 16 cups water
- 15 oz. canned chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
- 15 oz. canned red kidney beans (drained & rinsed)
- 2 cups mini bell peppers or sweet peppers (chopped)
- 2 lbs. baby brussels sprouts (halved)
- ½ cup toasted walnuts
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Fresh parsley (to garnish)
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange bell peppers and brussels sprouts in a single layer on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until veggies are charred, wilted and tender. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- While veggies cook, prepare orzo. In large pot, combine orzo with water and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to boil according to package directions. Drain orzo, then fluff with a fork. Let cool.
- In bowl, mix olive oil and lemon juice until combined. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Spoon orzo into serving bowl. Top with drained chickpeas, red kidney beans, roasted veggies and walnuts. Drizzle with lemon dressing, Gently toss to combine, garnish with parsley and serve.
Order the ingredients you need to make this colorful recipe at Vitacost.com!