Brunch is the ideal meal -- it offers the best of breakfast, plus the lunch foods you love, and sometimes even involves champagne! What's not to love about that? If you didn't believe brunch could get any better, it's time to meet the brunch charcuterie board.
Build your own brunch charcuterie board
Charcuterie boards are a popular way to serve up hors d'oeuvres, traditionally involving an assortment of meats and accompaniments such as cheese, fruit, veggies and dipping sauces, all packed onto a platter for an aesthetically pleasing spread. (They're not just for meats, though -- now you can make a vegan charcuterie board, too!) Adding a brunch twist to the typical charcuterie board is an easy way to shake up your late-morning or early-afternoon shindig!
To build the perfect brunch board for your next family gathering, party or shower, start with an eye-catching surface -- whether it's a butcher-block cutting board, slab of marble or slate, or even a vibrant serving plate. Choose an array of colorful ingredients and pack them tightly onto the platter. The goal is to create an impressive display of bite-sized foods that can be mixed, matched and enjoyed by your hungry guests. Be sure to include dips, sauces and toppings to add another layer of depth to your spread.
Here are some ideas for your brunch charcuterie board:
- Thinly sliced apples
- Mini bell peppers
- Honey or maple syrup
- Crispy bacon
- Smoked salmon or lox
- Waffles, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Bagel pieces and cream cheese
- Savory egg muffins (recipe below)
Savory Brunch Muffins
- 5 eggs, (beaten)
- 3 slices bacon, (cooked and chopped)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, (halved)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, (shredded)
- 1/4 cup spinach, (roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup onion, (diced)
- Salt and pepper, (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray muffin tins with nonstick spray.
- In large bowl add eggs, onion, half the cheese, turmeric, pinch of salt and pepper. Mix contents well.
- Fill each muffin tin with 3/4 of egg mix. Add a little chopped bacon, spinach, and cherry tomatoes on top. Sprinkle rest of cheese on top. Bake for 20 minutes or until eggs are cooked through. Test it with a toothpick. Enjoy!