Napa Valley Naturals Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Description
When you buy Organic Foods, you help keep the Earth's air and water free from pesticides and chemical fertilizers. You help preserve a piece of the Earth's past for future generations. You help support small entrepreneurial farmers who are committed to building the living soils of their farmland and the living souls of their employees. You help lay the groundwork for agricultural diversity that has always been the backbone of cultural individuality. You make a commitment to renewal that helps sustain the Earth's ability to nurture life. And you help others embrace the gratifying taste that can come not only from eating good foods, but also from doing good things. when you buy Organic Foods, you make a conscious choice to eat well and to treat the Earth well. Thank you for making that choice.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Tbsp.
Servings per Container: 50
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Calories from Fat||120|
|Total Fat||14 g||21%|
| Saturated Fat||2 g||10%|
| Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g||*|
| Monounsaturated Fat||11 g||*|
|Total Carbohydrates||0 g||0%|
| Sugars||0 g||*|
*Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients: Certified organic unrefined extra virgin olive oil.
Bottled in a facility that handles nut, peanut and soybean oils.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Caponata is a Sicilian version of French ratatouille. In all cooking that originates from the Mediterranean region, there’s no shortage of dishes featuring eggplant. Eggplant absorbs flavor like a sponge, and it works perfectly in this pungent mélange of red pepper, onion, garlic, tomato, green olives and balsamic vinegar. Caponata pairs wonderfully with chicken or fish, and because it tastes even better the next day, it's a great make-ahead topping for bruschetta or any toasted bread of choice.
- 5 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large Italian eggplant (about 1 lb.) (chopped)
- 1 medium zucchini (chopped)
- 1 medium red pepper (chopped)
- 1 medium yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 oz. green olives (pitted)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Basil leaves (for garnish)
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil and sauté garlic for about 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add eggplant, zucchini, pepper, onion and celery and sauté for five minutes.
- Add tomatoes, reduce heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar and olives, season to taste and garnish with basil leaves. (Note: Can be served warm, room temperature or cold.)
Add the ingredients to your cart and order now!