Native Forest Organic Pineapple Crushed Description
Perfect for smoothies, toppings and baked goods.
Native Forest® Organic Pineapples are conscientiously grown and packed according to principles of organic agriculture. Our farmer families are proud to grow these delicious and healthful natural fruits, while promoting soil fertility and biodiversity using time-tested organic methods. At native Forest, we believe organic practices benefit the farmer, the food, the environment... and all of us.
We hand select ripe organic pineapples and crush the fruits in their own juice at the peak of freshness. That's why your family will love the great flavor of native Forest Organic Pineapple consistently sweet, tart and delicious.
The quality that you taste is only a hint of the care behind this and every Native Forest product. Enjoy!
Serving Suggestions: Organic Crushed Pineapple makes wonderful sherbet and delicious pineapple cobbler. Try it on your next sundae.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/2 Cup (125 g)
Servings per Container: About 3
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Calories from Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||18 g||6%|
| Dietary Fiber||1 g||4%|
| Sugars||16 g|
|Protein Less than||1 g|
Other Ingredients: Organic pineapple, organic pineapple juice.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Pineapple Muffins (Gluten-Free)
Meet your newest pantry staple: crushed pineapple. Why the introduction? Once you’ve made these gluten- and dairy-free pineapple muffins, you’ll need to be prepared to crave them again! Naturally sweetened with tropical fruit flavor, each bite is moist and tender with a touch of crisp from the walnut topping. Freeze a batch for easy grab-and-go breakfasts that’ll brighten your morning.
Pineapple Muffins (Gluten-Free)
- 2 cups King Arthur All-Purpose Gluten-Free flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups crushed pineapple
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 organic egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Optional: 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and oil a muffin pan or fill with paper liners.
- In medium bowl, mix dry ingredients, reserving walnuts for step 4.
- Add crushed pineapple and wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Using ice cream scoop or measuring cup, add dough to muffin cups.
- If desired, sprinkle muffins with extra chopped walnuts and pineapples for added flavor and texture.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from center.
- Store at room temperature for a couple days in an air-tight plastic bag or container or in refrigerator 4 to 5 days. Muffins can also be frozen 2 to 3 months.
Find gluten- and dairy-free baking ingredients at Vitacost.com.